Winter Plans For Your C Body

John you'll be riding in style on a cushy new seat.
Thx, I hope I can get the other seats to match somewhat. I Understand the 42 year difference between them but! Seeing how clean the new One is in comparison concerns me, he said he’ll show how to clean them and brighten them up a bit.

Update: I should be picking up the seat by the Weekend.. the center piece with the embossed Brougham emblem is from the OE material, hence its discoloration.. he’s going to clean and brighten it up. He’s also going to show me how to clean the passenger and backseat to lighten their color as well. 42 yrs of dingy. Shout out and many thanks to Jeff, (cantflip) for the headrest as part of his last year‘s New Yorker scavenger hunt found me this one. It was Red and was dyed to match.
View attachment 164308
View attachment 164309
View attachment 164307
View attachment 164310
Really nice, John... you'll be afraid to fart in that chair for sometime I suspect. Oddly enough... it seems red headrests are the only ones I find in good shape. Zac grabbed a pair in the Jacksonville yard and I have another pair from the derby car... everything else I find are baked.

Really nice, John... you'll be afraid to fart in that chair for sometime I suspect. Oddly enough... it seems red headrests are the only ones I find in good shape. Zac grabbed a pair in the Jacksonville yard and I have another pair from the derby car... everything else I find are baked.
On the other hand, if I Fart enough on it, that maybe the discoloration I’ll need to tint the vinyl to match the other seats. :icon_fU:

Thanks for this wisdom. Now I feel reassured it's mostly an age related condition; I was fearing it might be a neurological disorder.
I was told that by someone 20 years my senior, I laughed. The next day was the first day of the rest of my life, worrying every time I broke wind.

Final update!!! Ta-Dah!!!!!
DDE77B5E-D5EA-4C59-9FCB-B71F4C43AFD8.jpeg

5707F92E-62A7-421B-8501-FD73F8A5C030.jpeg

B56AB9A0-011A-4F0F-A5FE-608C8217AA77.jpeg

A198A536-4E40-4120-8132-52567673DE92.jpeg

I am absolutely elated and couldn’t be happier! The guys did amazing work. The only part of the seat that has original material is the center of the back with the embossed Brougham emblem, the back of the seat w/carpet and the armrest.. since they were in good shape, we didn’t see the need to spend additional money. Once the weather gets warmer I’ll clean up the passenger seat in the backseat and hopefully bring the colors a little closer together, if they don’t get any closer, I’m still very happy with the way it all turned out. The tally: OE material from legendary, $216.. upholsterer, labor $800.. dying the head rest to match, $80. Having never done this with any other vehicle, I have to admit it was a bit of sticker shock, but after seeing the finished product, very happy!

View attachment 164561
View attachment 164558
View attachment 164560
View attachment 164559
I am absolutely elated and couldn’t be happier! The guys did amazing work. The only part of the seat that has original material is the center of the back with the embossed Brougham emblem, the back of the seat w/carpet and the armrest.. since they were in good shape, we didn’t see the need to spend additional money. Once the weather gets warmer I’ll clean up the passenger seat in the backseat and hopefully bring the colors a little closer together, if they don’t get any closer, I’m still very happy with the way it all turned out. The tally: OE material from legendary, $216.. upholsterer, labor $800.. dying the head rest to match, $80. Having never done this with any other vehicle, I have to admit it was a bit of sticker shock, but after seeing the finished product, very happy!
That about what I have been told for two buckets to be redone, . They look good!

Looking beautiful John! Hope my 67' seats will turn out as good, still waiting on the estimate....

On another note... you do have a concealed carry permit for that .32 Louisville slugger don't you?:rofl:

View attachment 164561
View attachment 164558
View attachment 164560
View attachment 164559
Looks wonderful... but you'll have to start eating taco bell before driving her to get the colors matched by Carlisle... watch out for pink eye.:poke:

Looking beautiful John! Hope my 67' seats will turn out as good, still waiting on the estimate....

On another note... you do have a concealed carry permit for that .32 Louisville slugger don't you?:rofl:

No .32, A S/W 9mm. I carry it whenever I drive long distances..

Back