wiper blades for 66 Chrysler

5180sandy

Reaction score
Been working on my 1966 Chrysler for 2 years and decided yesterday to replace the wiper blades. Went to three auto parts stores and told the same thing - "We don't carry that replacement anymore." Need your advice. Can I still get replacement blades someplace? Should I replace the arms and if so, where do I get them? A quick look on the internet indicated the available replacement arms don't fit. Move to Arizona where it does not rain? Thanking you in advance for any advice.

I got mine at O'Reilly, My arms were fine and got refills that they had. They tried to sell me replacement arm that were plastic and black and looked like hell compared to the metal arms. Get refills and have them look, sure they were Trilco.

I have been through this, the problem is none of the stores can look them up by application.

These are the refill numbers assuming 16", I found the Trico at O'Reilly

Correct metal frame style and tested
Trico 43-180
CarQuest 453-180

Functioning substitutes and tested
Trico 44-180
CarQuest 454-180

I think these are Anco (untested)
U18R
19-18

Alan

Last edited:
FWIW, I searched eBay for 18" Anco rain master anti wind lift wiper blades and came up with multiple hits. Prices were all over the board, but I ended up buying two sets for decent prices. They were nos and period correct. The rubber was/is still fine.

They included the frame and the blade, but not the arm.

18" fit '67. I assume all '65-'68 would be the same.

I have different cars with 3 different lengths, the numbers i posted have been corrected for 18"

Alan

I got mine at O'Reilly, My arms were fine and got refills that they had. They tried to sell me replacement arm that were plastic and black and looked like hell compared to the metal arms. Get refills and have them look, sure they were Trilco.

OReilly's was the only one that had them out of 4 stores, in my town too. Ask for them, because they keep them behind the counter at my store.

I bought a set of anco 18" satin finish with anti lift wind deflectors and red dot on e-bay from seller tillyfour.for the lowest price I could find $29.95. were NOS and rubber is like new.

Back