Wiper Bushing Part Number 379 9089 For Formals

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I wish we had a Reference Forum that we can post Part Number and Sources for hard to find parts.

Here is the part number 379 9089 for the wiper linkage bushings for 74-78 C--Bodies. It is also the same part number for the 74-77 C-Body wiper cam. Chrysler/Dodge dealers can still get them. They come individually or a package of 9. I paid $5.00 a piece for them. I asked for the wiper linkage bushing for a 1996 Dodge Ram Van.....its the same part for Formal's.

Note: This bushing WILL NOT fit the 1978 wiper cam unless you mod/fabricate the wiper cam to the 74-77 small cam like I have posted in numerous threads.

I do not know if this bushing will work on Slab and Fusie wiper linkage....

20180622_202003.jpg

You can get a generic bushing at AAP or AZ or any of the parts store in a Help or Dorman assorted package but they don't last long. You can definitely tell the difference when installing the Mopar bushing that the quality of the plastic and fit is far superior than the generics.

what is bad i just took my wiper linkage off my car and that little bushing well it just exploded when i tried getting it off

what is bad i just took my wiper linkage off my car and that little bushing well it just exploded when i tried getting it off
What is bad? That is bad. Could be catastrophic if your Formal is a '78.
What year is your Formal?

i just found a bunch of them and remembered where i got them from, look at the help rack at your auto parts store they should have a package full of them. for many different autos

i just found a bunch of them and remembered where i got them from, look at the help rack at your auto parts store they should have a package full of them. for many different autos

Why not get the better fitting and constructed OEM bushings from Mopar?

The price is about the same....only 2 of that multi pack are usable. The OEM bushing will last longer than both of Help bushings.

Back