Wiper Motor

68bbwagon

Reaction score
The window motor for the tailgate on my wagon went out a couple weeks ago. I just got to taking it apart and the motors shot and I've been having trouble finding a replacement or something similar that might work. Made by American Bosch. MO 721118A; 12V motor. If anyone has any ideas or might know where I can get a replacement would be awesome! I'm thinking I might have to adapt one to work... Ill post pictures in a few.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Jer? Didn't you just have to mess with the rear window motor in the batwagon?

Yeah I did Matt but my issue turned out to be in the total stroke of the regulator that prevented reversing the motor.(their waz a TSB back in 1960 that explaned the fix that I have in my stash! 68BB, That motor looks the same as the window motors in My '61 so I'm guessing it's the same motor up thru' at least '68. Two suggestions: Their are many Alternator repair shops that can rebuild that motor and I'd try one or two of those in your area. Shop Evel-bay and the bone yardz for a replacement. OH YEAH, DON'T THROW AWAY THAT MOTOR OR THOSE TWO LONG 3/16TH BOLTS THAT MOUNT THE MOTOR TO THE REGULATOR OR THE LITTLE BLACK RUBBER DONUT THAT CONNECTS THE MOTOR DRIVE PIN THE THE REGULATOR. THE T-GATE REGULATOR REQUIRES THOSE EXTRA LONG BOLTS FOR MOUNTING AND NOTHIN' MOVEZ WITHOUT THE DONUT. IF YOUR WINDOW MOTORS ARE BASICLY THE SAME MOTOR YOU'LL SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE BOLT LENGTH. GL with it, Jer

I was looking last night and it seems that most of the window motors in the 60s mopars are pretty similar. Just couldn't find the exact one... Guess I'm going to get someone to rebuild it.

Back