Wiper switch question

mopar Joe 65

Reaction score
I just had my wiper motor rebuilt and i think its ok but my switch might be bad ? Could someone tell me how its suppose to work ? When i turn it one notch to the right it comes on but if i keep turning it to the right it goes off, i think its suppose to go faster ? Its a variable speed motor. I appreciate any advise.

I just had my wiper motor rebuilt and i think its ok but my switch might be bad ? Could someone tell me how its suppose to work ? When i turn it one notch to the right it comes on but if i keep turning it to the right it goes off, i think its suppose to go faster ? Its a variable speed motor. I appreciate any advise.

It could be a bad switch. The unit should go faster as the switch is turned to the right. The other possibility is that you have a single speed wiper motor installed. It would quit running when the switch is turned further to the right. Find a test light and hook the clip to ground. Your wiper motor will probably have a 4 wire plug. Test the plug leads with the plug unhooked from the wiper motor. One of the plug leads is a ground. One of the other leads should have power to it when the switch is in the first position, another should have power to it with the switch is in the second position. The final wire is active when the switch is in the off position, this lead activates the "park" mode for the wipers. If you have power to the leads in the proper switch positions, your switch is ok and the motor is bad or improperly wired.

Dave

Thanks for the info, i tried testing the terminals at the firewall but none of the terminals would light up ? I took out the switch and cleaned the terminals and put it back together then it worked but it dont seem right ? When i bench tested it i hooked up 12 volts to the terminal but when i turned the switch to different positions i only got juice to two of the terminals plus the one for the washer motor when you push it in. If i ever get it running maybe i just wont drive it in the rain. Lol

Back