Wire by steering column which feeds emergency flasher

Knebel

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am installing a security system in my 68 fury III at the moment and am looking for a place to wire in the "flasher". So that all hazards flash. The wire from the security box would go in after the hazard flasher relay but I am scratching my head looking at the wiring diagram. I thought it was the light green wire under the dash which goes to the parking lights, i tied it in there and when i arm the car alarm, only the left parking light flashes. Where would I connect this wire so that I have 4 lights flash all around?

I just looked at the wiring diagram for a 68 in the FSM and the light green wire is the feed to the left front turn signal.

To tie it in to the hazard flasher is possible, but really not practical. The switch that turns on the flashers is a multiple pole switch and you would have to duplicate the function of the switch with the proper relay(s) and maybe a couple diodes.

What I think you want to do is flash the parking/tail lights. That's the way my system is wired. They will flash once on arming etc. or flash with the alarm. That's much easier to wire.

I could have sworn that in the wiring diagram the parking light output was the light green wire... but it wasnt!? Thats why i am asking. Which color is the parking light output from the lightswitch?

I could have sworn that in the wiring diagram the parking light output was the light green wire... but it wasnt!? Thats why i am asking. Which color is the parking light output from the lightswitch?

The yellow wire with tracer from the light switch will control the front parking lights.

Are you working with a FSM or one of those "wiring diagrams".

I am working with both! So far I got everything hooked up except the siren, parking light flasher and a hood pin. My thought is just... wouldnt it be better if taillights and parking lights flash, instead of only the parking lights in the front?

Edit: ok, i see the yellow tr wire in the schematic, i will try that today, hopefully thats accessible somewhere easy.

Stay with the FSM. I don't have much faith in the others. I have a PDF version that I print out pages I need and just draw on them as needed to follow the wiring.

You may have to tap into the rear tail light wiring to flash them too. That's the black wire from the switch.

IIRC, I had to wire in a relay in mine because the load would be too much for the system.

Back