Wire confusion.

carguy300

Reaction score
I got this harness from evans. 1968 with electronic ign and s.s vr upgrade. I am not sure which ones go on resistor. I think left side of resistor is right. not sure about blue/brown or the blue/blue tracer. I got the color large wiring diagram, doesnt show the 2 blues. Got the harness from Evans. Any ideas i would appreciate.

001.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

I know the blue on the left goes to the coil, gray/yel trace goes to plug for module. Wiring is my enemy.

If the gray/yellow wire goes to the ignition box, then the wire atttached to it goes to the "run" side of the ignition switch.

The side going to the coil will have the second wire going to the "start" side of the ignition switch.

My problem is he has 3 sets of spliced, gy/yel and blue, blue and brn, and bl/bl with wht tracer. All right at the same area. Original harness didnt have the 3rd set. Unless im should be using a daul ballast now. diagrams dont show it.

Blue with blue w/ tracer connects to voltage regulator

Other two connect to ballast resistor.

That's looking at a FSM for wire colors.

But! Now I see what the confusion is.

You have a '70 up voltage regulator. That isn't going to just plug in.

I talked to bill evans who made harness. Bl/Bl with tracer should not have been added, was for old style v.r. Thanks for your help Big John also.

Back