Wire Harness Tool C-4135

Wile E Coyote

Super Genius
Reaction score
Well, what are the odds of finding this gem?
Or - a modern version that does the same thing?
Or - somebodies personal hack that works without breaking the pins...?
Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 8.29.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 8.29.04 PM.png

I use a small jewelers flat head screw driver. The pins are inserted from the wire side of the connector. The pins have a little that pops out to the side into a little recess inside the connector. So look into the connector from the pin side and see where the tab is, slide the screw driver in to hold the tab against the pin and gently pull on the wire. It should pop right out. When you reassemble bend the tab out a bit so that it will lock properly. once you get one out, you see the details and the rest will be simple.

Electronics tool supply houses sell pin removers but you must know the OD of the pins and the ID of the connector. I used to buy the different sizes but gave up when I discovered the thin bladed jewelers screw drive trick.

Search "wire terminal removal tool" on eBay. You'll find all sorts of them. It doesn't have to be specific to Chrysler.

i use a set of dental picks
dental-picks2.jpg

to either depress the tang on the back or side
56-Series_a.gif

I've made my own out of paper clips. They come in several different diameters of wire, and can be shaped as needed with a side cutter, sledge hammer, and a bench grinder. Ham fisted, but it works.

Congrats on getting such a tool and I bet most would like to have one.

The Chrysler tool pictured is a round tube that slides in and compresses the round connector. The connector is like what is used in the harness for the turn signal switch.
s-l1000.jpg

All the suggestions of paper clips etc. are great for other style connectors that are flat, but not this particular type.

Snapon has a whole kit. Some of the round ones are even spring loaded to eject the terminal TT12KT. 12 pieces, all kinds of shapes and thicknesses.

Here's a pic of the blue point kit about $75...
TT12KT.jpg

we have the same ones that @65 500 showed from MAC, but they are a bit fiddly. I haven't sold one of those round ones in years. Reason is, depending on which one your using on the disc, the others are jamming into the palm of your hand like a knife. Some of these pins can be a bear to get out.

After seeing the dental picks I remembered another of my make do solutions, a selection of safety pins stolen from my wife's sewing box. They are useful for lots of little jobs.

safety-pin-500x500.jpg

[QUOTE="78Brougham,

we have the same ones that @65 500 showed from MAC, but they are a bit fiddly. I haven't sold one of those round ones in years. Reason is, depending on which one your using on the disc, the others are jamming into the palm of your hand like a knife. Some of these pins can be a bear to get out.[/QUOTE]
All true!

It doesn't matter how many of these kits you buy... you will eventually find a terminal you have to get creative with. Hobby or craft stores may have round tubing the right size to do it... otherwise, anything that doesn't destroy the parts is legal... My favorite is my pick set... but they can't do them all. Working for MB, we had a wall unit assortment of these terminal tools...over 1000, and still I used the picks for most jobs.

$_1.jpg
The freebie screwdriver is useful too.

Back