Wire Wheels

MarPar

Meat Man with a Hat
Reaction score
So I know im going to get some **** for this, but here goes.

I've always been in love with wire wheels...with or without knockoffs, doesnt matter.

NOW, im not talking about 13" daytons or those stupid-*** donk hood-rat wheels.

REAL wire wheels. Like Borrani wires. the kind that Ferrari used in the 60's. Consequently, those are the ones that made me fall in love with wire wheels in general.

example...James Colburn's California Spyder or the one in Ferris Bueller's day off (the license plate on the Ferris car always cracked me up-IL Plate NRVOUS)...

ferrar-california-spyder-2.jpg
61 FERRARI on LSD.PNG

But I digress...so I am possibly looking to get some wire wheels for the Newport.
Only if they are classy a la late 50's Chryslers/Cadillacs.

I assume Im probably going to have to change the spindle or get some sort of adapter?

What else would I have to do?

Now, if it doesnt look classy or if it's a huge PITA (which im thinking it may be) Ill scratch the idea.

thanks
Mario

Yep.
Otherwise I'll have to go on a fifteen paragraph rant which which nobody wants to hear. :D

ah. very well then. lol

After doing some digging, I think my wire wheel dream is dead. :(

2g's for real ones?? forget it. ill save the wire wheels for when I buy my Ferrari :rolleyes:

Well, save for one thing...hubcaps. GASP! :wideyed: I dont know if I really want wires THAT bad.

I have a set off of a Cadillac or something. They weigh a Ton. Look like these.
4c55bddc4be64_60712b.jpg

I think spokes on a Fusey are to classic of a wheel for that Design of car. On a Slab they would look better. Being different is always good but Road wheels and White line tires just can't be topped for these Cars.

Got wires on my 73 Imperial... I think they look damn good.
img_3695-jpg.jpg

img_3697-jpg.jpg

img_3693-jpg.jpg

OG RIMS DIRECT came with the adaptors and knock offs. Great price too!

Got wires on my 73 Imperial... I think they look damn good.
img_3695-jpg.60207

img_3697-jpg.60208

img_3693-jpg.60205

OG RIMS DIRECT came with the adaptors and knock offs. Great price too!
Looks like you copied the "Pimperial" Ross' car is the one Exception to the rule. I forgot all about his car. Yours looks pretty nice too.

Not really... I had no choice. I bought the car with some cheap *** fake wires on it. You know the ones with the removable baskets, the holes for the lugs were even egged out! But I liked the look so I found these real wires.

Don't get me wrong ,,wire wheels are amazing but man the upkeep is insane I would think.

Wires are neat. I had a TR3 and played with a few others. The spoke count is what matters. In that example they came with a 48 spoke and had major flex. Triumph went to a 60 spoke & then later on a 72 spoke. Almost all of the cars that were rallied had disc wheels and not wires back then. Getting them true is an art in itself.

Scratch the idea.
You're welcome,
Stan.

Mar I have to agree with Stan on this one. Put some serious thought into original C body 15" Road Wheels and RWL instead of white walls ... or just keep the black steely look with RWL and chrome lugnuts

Mar I have to agree with Stan on this one. Put some serious thought into original C body 15" Road Wheels and RWL instead of white walls ... or just keep the black steely look with RWL and chrome lugnuts

:poke: Come on man....... It's a C body...... Road wheels and white walls or OEM wheel covers and whitewalls, unless the broadcast sheet says otherwise. Leave the dog dishes to the B-E body crowd. RWL is Ok from 70 on.

Back