wireless heater controller?

aadesh86

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure about the correct terminology but I'm attempting to convert my 2 forced air heaters to wireless operation but the on line operational descriptions don't seem to provide a solution. Last summer we replaced both A/H-Heat Pump units with a A/C only units rendering the old dual zone Comfort Control thermostat non-functional. Heater control was lost.

Last winter, a basic Dometic thermostat (2) was hard wired to each furnace. Due to the limited mounting locations, this isn't very satisfactory for heat balance so I'm looking for a wireless system that will allow me to locate 2 thermostats. fore and aft locations, for better temperature control. While many "wireless" thermostats are available, the "wireless" part seems to be only between the operator and the thermostat, not between the thermostat and the furnace. Hardwiring the furnace and thermostat isn't an option.

Solutions welcomed.

I'm not quite sure about the correct terminology but I'm attempting to convert my 2 forced air heaters to wireless operation but the on line operational descriptions don't seem to provide a solution. Last summer we replaced both A/H-Heat Pump units with a A/C only units rendering the old dual zone Comfort Control thermostat non-functional. Heater control was lost.

Last winter, a basic Dometic thermostat (2) was hard wired to each furnace. Due to the limited mounting locations, this isn't very satisfactory for heat balance so I'm looking for a wireless system that will allow me to locate 2 thermostats. fore and aft locations, for better temperature control. While many "wireless" thermostats are available, the "wireless" part seems to be only between the operator and the thermostat, not between the thermostat and the furnace. Hardwiring the furnace and thermostat isn't an option.

Solutions welcomed.
I have done what you are seeking.
I will post what I have done shortly.

I have done what you are seeking.
I will post what I have done shortly.
I have an RV with 2 Carrier Air Temp heat pump / furnace units that are controlled with an IR remote control.
I purchased a Cielo Breeze Eco controller that is operated by the front panel or via their app using a smartphone.

I had to walk their support group through the modes and temp ranges for the equipment to have them create a custom control setting for this configuration.
It works well.

Remote for the Carrier unit:
C3266856-D3CB-4116-B02D-E3C9307DB259.jpeg

Cielo unit:
8D9BC47D-5701-49FE-BA7D-41A237135789.jpeg

Back