wiring + bulb question 69 imperial

gransedan

Reaction score
Hi there,

I few questions.....

I need a few bulbs for the dash. See picture. Any idea where i can buy those or how you would call this type of bulb/lamp? It's illuminated the dash from the top. 4 lamps/bulbs.

Under the hood I see some wiring and I have some questions.
- i see a thicker pink wire (piece of black take on it) which is not attached to something...any idea where this should go or where it was attached to?
- i have a brown one which is not attached. It's sitting near the coil/front of engine.
- on the voltage regulator there is 1 wire not connected.... should i hook it up? Engine runs fine.
- what is that little box on the firewall?

Thanks for letting me know. Pieter

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

IMG_4644.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_5048.jpg

IMG_5049.jpg

The wiring diagram for you car is at www.mymopar.com, the one specific to your '69 is in the tools, reference section. You can look up as to where the specific wires you are wondering about are supposed to go. If your charging circuit is currently working, I would guess that the disconnected wire from the voltage regulator probably goes to the idiot light for the battery.

The "little box" on the plastic A/C heater cover is an air temp fan delay relay for the heater/defroster. Chrysler used that type of switch to delay the start of the fan on the defroster cycle until above freezing air was available to start the defrost cycle. There were two types of delay switches, a vacuum operated one and an electric one. Usually the electric switch, such as you have was used on the vehicles equipped with ATC and had a temperature sensor incorporated into it.

Most Mopars have some extra plugs on the wiring harness that were not used. These plugs were for options that were not installed on the specific vehicle. If the vehicle did not that specific option, the plug remained unhooked.

I think the bulb you showed in you photo may be an obsolete item. I would suggest an E-Bay search for vintage GE light bulbs to find this item.

Dave

Last edited:
Thank you for explaining!

I have a 1969 service manual but could not yet trace the wires down.
Everything works so I don't have the need to connect them but still curious...

And could not find the small bulbs yet. Google/ebay etc.
So if anybody knows something....let me know.

Greetz from the Netherlands, Pieter

I noticed your car originally came with three prong voltage regulator which is hard to find, so the third wire isn't needed any longer

Back