Wiring Harnesses

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could get new wiring harnesses for my '66 Polara? Is there a vendor who makes them for our boats, or am I better off making myself one over the winter? The car could use all new wiring, front to back, ultimately. I found someone who made some (i think) but don't remember where and of course I never bookmarked the website. If I was to make my own, where would I find the various connectors? Thanks.

There are two.

Evans, they may need your old harness and may need to use some of the connectors.
http://www.evanswiring.com/

M&H is the manufacturer for Year One and typically doesn't deal direct but on the stuff that Year One doesn't sell they will.
http://www.wiringharness.com/

I have dealt with both and the products are like NOS, both had to reuse components from my originals as some components are not reproduced.

Alan

Do C-bodies use all of the same connectors as the B & E-bodies or were some connectors unique to C-bodies? Just wondering.

(M&H)
On the 69 Polara rear body harness the marker lamp socket is unique, they had to reuse the housings.

(Evans)
The Bulkhead housing is different. I think there was an issue of black vs white connectors to the bulkhead, they only had black. Mine were white (some were black), so one of the connectors was reused.

Alan

I have been thinking of starting to rework harnesses for people. If you want call me tonight at 817 455-1405 about it. There isn't really anything out there for the C's that I know of right now but as stated there are some that will redo the factory harness for you as I am getting started on doing. If you make changes I could also work that in as well.

I have been thinking of starting to rework harnesses for people. If you want call me tonight at 817 455-1405 about it. There isn't really anything out there for the C's that I know of right now but as stated there are some that will redo the factory harness for you as I am getting started on doing. If you make changes I could also work that in as well.

Both M&H and Evans made new, the only thing salvaged were connector housings and light socket housings. All wire and terminals were new.

This is the rear body harness I got back before it was wrapped to double check the fit. The gold tone housings are the salvaged ones.
http://www.mrmopar.com/1969PolaraCHP/130820.htm

This shows the finished harness along with the forward lamp harness with the reclaimed connectors.
http://www.mrmopar.com/1969PolaraCHP/131104.htm

It sounds like M&H have original drawings for many harnesses.

As I keep saying, you need to ask about C-Body stuff, many of these vendors either have it or may work with you on making it.

Alan

Well if you decide to rebuild, www.Dellcity.net sells the terminals and the crimpers.

If you have access to a low cost wiring then you should be able to recreate the harnesses as required.

We are lucky that these are very simple harnesses. I did find that Mother Mopar does interweave some of the terminal connectors at the firewall block section.
IE: if you unplug the ignition/charging circuit you also unplug the wiper motor or lighting system or parts of it..

I removed most of all the interweaving on my system when I re-worked my harness for my 66 Polara convertible.

I also chose to use a different type of harness wrap since I had it on hand.
I may regret this in the future as it is not sealed like the harness tape would give me but since I am not planning to drive the car in the crappy weather I should be ok for many years

The only draw back to reworking the OE harness is that you still have only 6 fuses to work with and nothing for the up to date accessories we tend to want to run..

Here is a link to my wiring re-work.. som of thewiring at first was a bit of a spagetti mess but once I tidied it up it looks great with minimal investment

http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar...-started-on-the-under-the-hood-wiring-tonight

20140706_125711.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'll figure out what will work best for me but probably won't do anything til the snow flies as I'll be driving up to you that day.

I installed an Autometer harness in my 65 Fury III. They may seem pricey but installation was a snap as the harness was
readily divided and bound in three sections - engine, interior and rear. Installation manual was clear and concise. Looked
at other brands but non came near this brand. Color codes for wires match OE colors so if you screw up refer to an OE
manual for color codes and match them. Price usually equals quality and level of frustration and I am sure you need one
and non of the other.

I installed an Autometer harness in my 65 Fury III. They may seem pricey but installation was a snap as the harness was
readily divided and bound in three sections - engine, interior and rear. Installation manual was clear and concise. Looked
at other brands but non came near this brand. Color codes for wires match OE colors so if you screw up refer to an OE
manual for color codes and match them. Price usually equals quality and level of frustration and I am sure you need one
and non of the other.

Do you have any contact info?

I want to know when Autometer started making wiring harnesses for stuff other than just their gauges.

I want to know when Autometer started making wiring harnesses for stuff other than just their gauges.

That's what I was getting at captain O. I did a search on auto meter harnesses and just got harnesses for their gauges. I don't have all day to surf the web and thought he might have a link.

More than likely he meant American Autowire. They make harnesses but nothing that is specific for them mopars. The only places out there are Evans or Year One that are making anything vehicle specific and Evans even has to reuse some of the factory stuff to rebuild them.

Well if you decide to rebuild, www.Dellcity.net sells the terminals and the crimpers.

If you have access to a low cost wiring then you should be able to recreate the harnesses as required.

We are lucky that these are very simple harnesses. I did find that Mother Mopar does interweave some of the terminal connectors at the firewall block section.
IE: if you unplug the ignition/charging circuit you also unplug the wiper motor or lighting system or parts of it..

I removed most of all the interweaving on my system when I re-worked my harness for my 66 Polara convertible.

I also chose to use a different type of harness wrap since I had it on hand.
I may regret this in the future as it is not sealed like the harness tape would give me but since I am not planning to drive the car in the crappy weather I should be ok for many years

The only draw back to reworking the OE harness is that you still have only 6 fuses to work with and nothing for the up to date accessories we tend to want to run..

Here is a link to my wiring re-work.. som of thewiring at first was a bit of a spagetti mess but once I tidied it up it looks great with minimal investment

http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar...-started-on-the-under-the-hood-wiring-tonight

Thanks for the info, but it is www.delcity.net One l

Back