WANTED Wish List For A 66 Fury VIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilo

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for:

1. Rear view mirror.
2. Black - Driver / PAX Door Panels (w/DS adjustable mirror opening).
3. Original 3/4" tire iron.
4. Dash & (2) rear valance speaker brackets.
5. Original / OER / OEM Complete Antenna assembly (including Coax).

For my son's car that I have been restoring and this wish list consists of the hardest parts to find to finish the restoration.

Hi, and welcome.

Door panels for a 66 VIP are specific to that model and will be difficult to find. Other Fury door panels will fit, but won't be the same. Panels can be dyed black using an excellent product made by SEM. The mirror control opening is already there on all door panels, one just has to cut it out at the stamping.

The tire iron will be easy - lots will be available, as will be the antenna. NOS antenna kits show up on eBay fairly regularly, and reproductions are available I believe.

Which rear view? Door or roof? There should be lots on eBay of either.

For the parts above I would see if Murray Park in Tiffin Ohio has those - he is a really excellent source for parts like that, and may well have a VIP. Otherwise it's SMS in Oregon for reproduction door panels...

Your front dash speaker is a 4x10, and is held in place by being bolted to the studs that are part of the speaker grille. No bracket. There are no rear valance speaker brackets either - the valance (perhaps more commonly known as a package tray or parcel shelf), will have perforations in the material to permit sound or air flow for a defogger, but the speaker (a 6x9 in this case) will actually bolt to the metal panel under the package tray. Remove the rear seat, remove the package tray, and put four bolts facing downwards into the trunk through the mounting holes, and bolt the speaker to those. Don't use screws or bolts pointing up from the underside, as they will poke up too far and damage the package tray.

Last edited:
Hi, and welcome.

Door panels for a 66 VIP are specific to that model and will be difficult to find. Other Fury door panels will fit, but won't be the same. Panels can be dyed black using an excellent product made by SEM. The mirror control opening is already there on all door panels, one just has to cut it out at the stamping.

The tire iron will be easy - lots will be available, as will be the antenna. NOS antenna kits show up on eBay fairly regularly, and reproductions are available I believe.

Which rear view? Door or roof? There should be lots on eBay of either.

For the parts above I would see if Murray Park in Tiffin Ohio has those - he is a really excellent source for parts like that, and may well have a VIP. Otherwise it's SMS in Oregon for reproduction door panels...

Your front dash speaker is a 4x10, and is held in place by being bolted to the studs that are part of the speaker grille. No bracket. There are no rear valance speaker brackets either - the valance (perhaps more commonly known as a package tray or parcel shelf), will have perforations in the material to permit sound or air flow for a defogger, but the speaker (a 6x9 in this case) will actually bolt to the metal panel under the package tray. Remove the rear seat, remove the package tray, and put four bolts facing downwards into the trunk through the mounting holes, and bolt the speaker to those. Don't use screws or bolts pointing up from the underside, as they will poke up too far and damage the package tray.
Sir,

Thank you very kindly for the valuable information. The car was/is missing many original parts and I've no reference #'s to refer to + the complete unfamiliarity I have with the vehicle, so all the information is of great help. Have a 67 GTX and a 65 Barracuda both of which have been very easy to restore, but this "C" body Fury VIP, a car my boy decided was meant for him (2dr) has been a journey. Can you tell me why the "C" body's just don't have the popularity as the A,B,D & E's? Appreciate all the help.

Kind regards,

hilo...

two door or four door?
inside or outside mirror?
Sir, thank you for inquiring. It's a 2dr and the interior rear view mirror is what I'm looking for.

Kind regards,

hilo...

Sir,

Thank you very kindly for the valuable information. The car was/is missing many original parts and I've no reference #'s to refer to + the complete unfamiliarity I have with the vehicle, so all the information is of great help. Have a 67 GTX and a 65 Barracuda both of which have been very easy to restore, but this "C" body Fury VIP, a car my boy decided was meant for him (2dr) has been a journey. Can you tell me why the "C" body's just don't have the popularity as the A,B,D & E's? Appreciate all the help.

Kind regards,

hilo...

For a long time our big full size cars didn't get the love that the smaller cars did, and many still view them as engine donors... I don't quite understand it myself.

Best of luck on the restoration. Let's see some pictures! And keep on asking for help with parts and info here!

Sir,

Thank you for the information. Am interested in the tire iron and do you have pictures of the interior mirrors? I have the dash pad and am working a deal out of the UK for an unused OEM antenna for the vehicle. I may also want the antenna just in case.

Kind regards,

hilo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back