WIW 1969 440 Hp Radiator 2949037

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
Like the title states what a used 2949037 radiator worth these days? It is for Auto A/C and Auto with N51. Thanks is advance.

Is it useable or a rebuildable core?
It held antifreeze but has a light mark from fan clutch (circle). So usable as is but should be restored if going in a nice car..... I can post pics tomorrow but to late tonight..

This might work for my 68 300, shipping to Texas is an issue though. Greyhound might work. Waiting for the pics.
Yeah shipping sometimes kills the deal and it's big and a heavy 3 core on the East Coast... I am waiting on a value as I may keep it for my Fathers 69 Sport Fury while not numbers correct as his car is a 383 Magnum....

I’ve shipped 26” radiators and one or 2 have even gone to members on this site. Shipping is not that bad for them through FedEx or ups.
I’d value it somewhere between $150 and as much as $250 if it could be cleaned out and used as is. Although it might be for sale for a while at the high end.

so are ya gonna restore it or is the old mans car a shitpile?
No to both. It's a nice one owner driver quality car as is. It had a color change in mid eighties from white to black. It is a 383hp a/c p/s p/b Black bucket seat auto console car Am 8 track black vinyl top with heavy duty suspension and 3;23 sure grip. It has been sitting in a climate controlled garage for the last 25 years. I am into B-bodies and have a few Road Runners/GTX's and a 2 b-body convertibles 64 Polara and a 68 Coronet 500. I have been buying exterior Nos parts whenever I see them as all of the stuff is original and shows age. IMO the car would need to be gone over as far as mechanical stuff including the fuel system and resealing the engine and trans. Interior is like new only needs the LH lower seat shield as it is cracked. Body wise is clean only really needed a hood cause it rotted on the under bracing from a mouse nest by the hinge area but I bought a clean hood from a member here 2 years ago...

Also I will be hanging on to the radiator as a very nice member PM'd me and showed me in the parts book that that radiator is in fact correct for my fathers car as his has the Max cooling package. I only found Via the Net for a 69 440 so I thought it could have been different..

I watch "What's it worth" threads like a hawk. If there is a offer to buy I delete those posts. If I check back and I see 2 or more offers to buy or a offer to sell by the original poster, the thread gets deleted. There are thousands of sale threads here and it is pretty easy to do a little homework and see what a particular part goes for. Start a sale thread with what you think is fair and if it doesn't sell you can always come down in price. Just saying....

Last edited:
I watch "What's it worth" threads like a hawk. If there is a offer to buy I delete those posts. If I check back and I see 2 or more offers to buy or a offer to sell by the original poster, the thread gets deleted. There are thousands of sale threads here and it is pretty easy to do a little homework and see what a particular part goes for. Start a sale thread with what you think is fair and if it doesn't sell you can always come down in price. Just saying....

That is great info but the only search that comes up is MY RADIATOR so sometimes you have to ask people who are more involved with the type of car it fits... Google had NOTHING which is why I asked...

That is great info but the only search that comes up is MY RADIATOR so sometimes you have to ask people who are more involved with the type of car it fits... Google had NOTHING which is why I asked...
If I couldn't find out much info and a new replacement was $250 a used one with a little damage should be worth $100. Like I said, you could always come down in price.

If I couldn't find out much info and a new replacement was $250 a used one with a little damage should be worth $100. Like I said, you could always come down in price.
Thanks for your opinion but I like many others value correct parts differently than thier Chinese counterparts that normally involve modifying the part and or the car.

Thanks for your opinion but I like many others value correct parts differently than thier Chinese counterparts that normally involve modifying the part and or the car.
You aren't getting it. You asked what your slightly damaged but usable radiator is worth ( so you can start a sale thread). My suggestion was around half price of a new replacement if you can't find previously sold radiators to see what they are worth. Where did I suggest you buy a replacement radiator? I didn't. Coming up with a reasonable selling price isn't rocket science. Want it repaired correctly to keep it correct for your car? Glen Ray Radiators in Wisconsin. Bob will restore it to new or better. It will probably run $800+ but you get what you pay for. Your choice.

he gets it and hes goofin. take it somewhere else. from the other site
"Thanks for the information Richard. I threw it up for sale and in a 20 minutes had a bid for $100 but it was not listed correctly so I canceled that bid and relisted. The bidder contacted me to purchase out right and I just said I will let the market determine value as there was none available to compare to.."

wrong lures, wrong lake my friendo

he gets it and hes goofin. take it somewhere else. from the other site
"Thanks for the information Richard. I threw it up for sale and in a 20 minutes had a bid for $100 but it was not listed correctly so I canceled that bid and relisted. The bidder contacted me to purchase out right and I just said I will let the market determine value as there was none available to compare to.."

wrong lures, wrong lake my friendo

I didn't know it was against the law to find out Information on parts especially ones that are not available. So now I am a bad guy for throwing up a rare Daytona/Superbird part with no reserve and letting it sell for whatever it brings since no-one could find a value? Richard is thinking of reproducing it as he is a vendor and wants to see the if there is a market for them and worth reproducing which helps the hobby unlike people like yourself. These comments from a guy who has 2 piles of **** for 10K and "you have to take BOTH piles". I see your from Texass since everything in Texas is bigger I guess so are the ASSHOLES..

Last edited:
You aren't getting it. You asked what your slightly damaged but usable radiator is worth ( so you can start a sale thread). My suggestion was around half price of a new replacement if you can't find previously sold radiators to see what they are worth. Where did I suggest you buy a replacement radiator? I didn't. Coming up with a reasonable selling price isn't rocket science. Want it repaired correctly to keep it correct for your car? Glen Ray Radiators in Wisconsin. Bob will restore it to new or better. It will probably run $800+ but you get what you pay for. Your choice.
Ok Thanks. I never mentioned buying a replacement only that I value Correct REAL "Original" parts differently than Chinese ones which is the replacement your speaking of.

Last edited:
I’ve shipped 26” radiators and one or 2 have even gone to members on this site. Shipping is not that bad for them through FedEx or ups.
I’d value it somewhere between $150 and as much as $250 if it could be cleaned out and used as is. Although it might be for sale for a while at the high end.
Thanks this is USEFUL information and I thank you as this is the type of reply I was looking for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back