WIW: NOS CHRYSLER ROAD WHEELS, TRIM RIMGS, DOMES, & CAPS

Fury Pursuit

Reaction score
Whats FCBO group think complete NOS 70-74 Chrysler Road Wheels, rings, domes, and center caps are valued at currently?

All mostly in their NOS boxes, including the Road Wheels.

Last edited:
The correct application is 1970 - 1974 for the tall domes and splined end caps for the domes.

Curious. What do you think just a set of NOS trim rings, domes and caps for 70 - 74 road wheels are worth? What is an NOS road wheel worth?

An NOS Road wheel in my opinion isn't valued much more than a nice used one. The value is in the centers , the hardest piece to find in great condition.
I find nice rings frequently .

An NOS Road wheel in my opinion isn't valued much more than a nice used one. The value is in the centers , the hardest piece to find in great condition.
I find nice rings frequently .

I understand what you are saying about availability of the wheels. BUT have you ever restored one? EXPENSIVE,...new chrome isn't cheap. It's difficult to find NOS wheels. Yes, there are nice wheels out there and rings too!

The set you sold to me Dave will be used on the 6BBL GT! :thumbsup:

Those were sweet used rings. Glad they will be used on a high profile car

Let me price this out ....

Trim rings NOS 500

Domes / Centers NOS 1000

NOS wheels , 200 a wheel? 300 a wheel? You can find nice used ones for 100 a rim without the bling.

But that's why I said maybe $3000 to the right guy.
My offer is out there

How do you restore a painted wheel that has chrome interior ring? Cut the chrome part out and paint the wheel, yes. But who is going to weld it back together? Home-made welded wheels are very illegal, at least back here.

I concur on the center caps: thousand bucks a set.

How do you restore a painted wheel that has chrome interior ring? Cut the chrome part out and paint the wheel, yes. But who is going to weld it back together? Home-made welded wheels are very illegal, at least back here.

I concur on the center caps: thousand bucks a set.

We take them apart and rebuild them. There are shops that specialize only in wheel rebuilding. Not that uncommon. Or,....you chrome the entire wheel....

Ill give ya a shiny new quarter for all of it...you dont have to answer right now, mull it over and let me know. :p

We take them apart and rebuild them. There are shops that specialize only in wheel rebuilding. Not that uncommon. Or,....you chrome the entire wheel....

Right but again, nice wheels aren't hard to find. . It's The ginger bread that's difficult. I can paint the black on a wheel.

To be clear, I don't have all of this NOS. I have some of it.

I was just wondering what members thought of pricing on a complete set of NOS Road Wheels.

Polara71 says, $2000-$3000,.....seems like a reasonable target. The NOS wheels, and domes I do have were not cheap.

I'll be using a very, very nice set of used rings I got from Dave, as I plan on driving the 6BBL GT a lot, so NOS is cool, but not required there.

I was just wondering what members thought of pricing on a complete set of NOS Road Wheels.

Polara71 says, $2000-$3000,.....seems like a reasonable target. The NOS wheels, and domes I do have were not cheap.

I'll be using a very, very nice set of used rings I got from Dave, as I plan on driving the 6BBL GT a lot, so NOS is cool, but not required there.
IMO... which may not be worth much, NOS would include at least the remains of packaging and be blemish free to command that price. If they measured up, they would also lose value as soon as they were installed or lost the packaging... but maybe not too much.

I understand the desire for nice driver quality... NOS would really make it for the over the top trailer queen restoration guys, but would be a bit overkill for me. I try to find them closer to $50 a wheel than $500... I expect a few warts to be part of the deal.

I installed NOS centers and rings on Adleen. Of which I paid 500 for the rings. I did send Trevor a beautiful set of used rings last year. They were just as nice as the NOS set I had opened out of the packaging and cheaper.

I have probably sold two dozen rings to members on this board over the years . They are not difficult to locate if you are patient.

Which is why I listed my prices as I did . The domes and caps are the expensive piece to this puzzle.

16 years ago Frank Mitchell while at Carlisle told me he had a complete set NOS. I said how much his reply was 1200. Without blinking I said I wanted them.
He never did produce those wheels , centers and rings.

I bought one NOS center cap (top) FM a few years ago,..they said it was their last one. $76.

I agree, it makes sense to run/use good original trim rings on a car that is going to be driven.

On the other hand, nice NOS rings are perfect for a restored car that won't be abused much!

What about NOS tires (Goodyear H70 RWL), NOS wheels, NOS trim rings, NOS domes, and NOS caps? Complete NOS Road Wheel set up.......Humm... (what about a O2 fire bottle from 1970 that is full) NOS air too,..yes NOS air!:poke: Might as well go all the way with it,.....

Back