Wollfen's 1969 Chrysler 300 Convertible

That will be a beauty when you are finished. I can't think of any better color combinations than yours has. I like B7 blue with blue or black interior too, but this one is also at least as nice a combination, and one I will enjoy seeing it in the future. Really glad you are going to save it.

Wollfen:

I think these are right, check them against what you observe on the vehicle.

Codes from build tag are:
E-85 440/350
D32 HD A-727
CM27 Chrysler Convertible (Medium)
K9C 440-4, 1969, Jefferson Ave Mi. plant
127350 Sequence Number
Y4 Classic Gold Metallic
Y4 Classic Gold Metallic (Interior accent?)
M6W Upper Door Frame (White Trim)
W1 White Interior
B25349 Order Number
R22 Radio with 8 Track
R31 Dual Rear Speakers
P31 Power Windows
C21 Center Fold Down Arm Rest
P25 Power LH Bucket on 50/50 Seat
B41 Power Brakes (Disc on Front)
G15 Tinted Windshield Only
V7W Accent Stripe (White)
L31 Hood Mounted Turn Signal (Indicator)

Dave

This is a similar color combo to my friend’s ‘70.

7BAAE25A-A967-4213-88AD-4F619B9FECA4.jpeg

Wollfen:

I think these are right, check them against what you observe on the vehicle.

Codes from build tag are:
E-85 440/350
D32 HD A-727
CM27 Chrysler Convertible (Medium)
K9C 440-4, 1969, Jefferson Ave Mi. plant
127350 Sequence Number
Y4 Classic Gold Metallic
Y4 Classic Gold Metallic (Interior accent?)
M6W Upper Door Frame (White Trim)
W1 White Interior
B25349 Order Number
R22 Radio with 8 Track
R31 Dual Rear Speakers
P31 Power Windows
C21 Center Fold Down Arm Rest
P25 Power LH Bucket on 50/50 Seat
B41 Power Brakes (Disc on Front)
G15 Tinted Windshield Only
V7W Accent Stripe (White)
L31 Hood Mounted Turn Signal (Indicator)

Dave
Thanks Dave, that concurs with Yeahrightgear. Everything seems to match up with what I have seen in the car except for the 8 track, I am going to have a look at that again.

Anyone care to comment on this antenna? It is electric, does it look factory?

DSCF3518.jpg

Okay did some net researching, the car came from Canada, Blumenort Manitoba originally, back in May of 2016. The point of destination was to be Stockton NJ at that point in time. I found an advertisement for this car for sale in Pembina North Dakota though with the pics below. Phew!

Canada.jpg
Canada1.jpg
Canada2.jpg
Canada3.jpg

Thanks Dave, that concurs with Yeahrightgear. Everything seems to match up with what I have seen in the car except for the 8 track, I am going to have a look at that again.

The factory 8 track was not noted for it's high degree of reliability, someone might well have pitched it for a better radio.

Dave

The factory 8 track was not noted for it's high degree of reliability, someone might well have pitched it for a better radio.

Dave
Yeah I do remember seeing a factory radio in it, but it has push buttons as well as three thumb wheels too.

Yeah I do remember seeing a factory radio in it, but it has push buttons as well as three thumb wheels too.

The eight track factory unit had two variants, as I recall, one was an AM-FM unit with six thumb wheels and a balance lever. It also had the push buttons for the radio. The other variant was an AM only unit with the three thumb wheels and push buttons for the radio. If you google "1969 Chrysler factory radio with 8 Track, there are a couple of them for sale on E-Bay.

Dave

One of these bad boys? Might of been removed pretty early on in its life or someone just cared enough to get a NOS part and not do a hack job and lob some aftermarket set underneath the dash.
s-l1600.jpg

R22 is indeed an AM radio with 8 track but while R32 is dual rear speakers, I don't believe that is possible in a convertible since there is room for only one, but maybe I am wrong. At least I have never seen that option in a convertible. I have 2 1970 convertibles with the R37 AM/FM stereo multiplex with 8 track tape, and even those don't have dual rear speakers.

Excellent find, if you dodge the rust prone areas at the cowl that will be a prime find indeed. Did the vert come w/ the stainless a pillar trim. Have some pieces that are in good condition. PM me if you want to trade some parts that you have.

Back