Wollfen's 1969 Chrysler 300 Convertible

That looks like the same generic power antenna bezel I took off the ‘73. Murray Park had the correct one for about $30.

This is what the ‘70 looks like:

View attachment 165503 View attachment 165504
Cool thanks for that, I think for now it is low on my priority list, I am more inclined to get the center speaker thing for the rear seat from you. I still haven't looked at the spare rear seat i have yet.

That’s going to be a stunner by the time you’re done with it Gary!:thumbsup:

Okay here goes, my main concern was checking the structural integrity of the car and making sure the chassis was solid, I did this while the car was on the car trailer but i didn't get any pics. Today I cleaned out the six inches of leaves and wet rags and mud in the floor of the car and the trunk. I was pleasantly surprised to find that almost all of it is solid and wont need any replacement metal put in. The front foot wells though will need to be done. I do have spares to do this.
Inspecting the outside of the car I found the trunk water channel solid with no rust at all, again just lots of leaves. The hood also is solid with no rust. The sides of the car down low do have some spots but nothing major for me and wont take too long to repair. Check the pics and see.
Lastly having looked in the car I can see it is a non AC car but does have disk brakes, electric windows and seat. It also has a vacuum lock on the trunk. Also has three speed wipers. I will post the fender tag soon and someone can decode all this car had originally.

View attachment 165381 View attachment 165382 View attachment 165383 View attachment 165384 View attachment 165385 View attachment 165386 View attachment 165387 View attachment 165388 View attachment 165389

Great pictures, Gary. You gotta good one. Where is the hose?!?

Here is a pic of the radio, if it was changed out then they changed the fascia as well to suit. Also I picked out my rear seat and armrests, it will fit the car but will need the speaker cover changed. In the third pic, is that a factory floor mat? And lastly, yup the front footwells will need to be replaced.

DSCF3547.jpg
DSCF3546.jpg
DSCF3544.jpg
DSCF3548.jpg
DSCF3549.jpg

The seats have a different pattern for the Chrysler, but the frames should be the same. As for the speaker grill, all you have to do is swap out the Plymouth insignia with a "300" emblem. They are the same as the "300" on the 1970 door panels, it's how I restored mine.

300_seat_speaker_grille (1).JPG

IMG_1875.JPG

Photo Aug 14, 9 07 10 AM.jpg

I'm packed away for the winter, but I'll take a look. There are a few NOS on ebay now, but all you really need is a scrap door panel from any 2-4 door, 70-71 300. They are nearly impossible to remove and usually the only thing left on junk car interiors.

NOS Mopar 1970 Chrysler 300 Door Panel Emblem | eBay

Funny, I always thought the round medallions were cooler, not sure why they didn't use them for the speaker grills in the '69's in the first place.

The floormat is not factory. It's from Rubbermaid. I know that because my dad bought a set brand new back in the 60's for one of his cars. They've been in several cars since than and are now in my 1969 300 convertible. They last forever.

Back