Woodgrain console overlay

66SportFury

Reaction score
Anyone know where the woodgrain console overlay can be purchased or has anyone used the vinyl wood gain stick on materiel for this?
This guy is nuts!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Plymou...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20dfa95b94&vxp=mtr

66-plymouth-sport-fury-2.jpg

that's missing a word in front of nuts. he's f'ing nuts is more like it.

It seems that all parts for C body cars is getting out of hand or at least the people who have the parts and want to sell them!!. Christ,.Id hate to want to restore a C-Body,.it would cost you "One Million Dollars" LOL.

It all goes by supply and demand.There probably isn't a huge number of people knocking down his door to buy them and he had to take the time to design and reproduce them,so that's what dictates some pricing.Just like a big car company,they aren't going to spend thousands of dollars to develop a car and just sell 200 of them for $20K . It wouldn't be worth their time and they wouldn't make enough profit,if any!

It all goes by supply and demand.There probably isn't a huge number of people knocking down his door to buy them and he had to take the time to design and reproduce them,so that's what dictates some pricing.Just like a big car company,they aren't going to spend thousands of dollars to develop a car and just sell 200 of them for $20K . It wouldn't be worth their time and they wouldn't make enough profit,if any!
The parts Frank sells is old stock, he didnt make them.

Then it all depends on how "authentic" you want your car to be.Some people believe a part that was made fifty years ago is superior to some of the aftermarket parts made today,and for some parts that is true,but they don't take into consideration that technology has come a long way in how parts are made today.Things can be made with more precision and better materials that were used fifty years ago and for less cost.What some of the big corporations were producing fifty years ago can be duplicated in someone's garage with a cnc machine and some skill,something that the average guy couldn't do back in the day.

$18 is a great price. I'd like to see some pictures of it,.then again, for $18 it doesn't really matter.

$18 is a great price. I'd like to see some pictures of it,.then again, for $18 it doesn't really matter.

They are identical to the original wood grain overlays in look and feel. Easy to install, (peal & stick). You'll be satisfied.

The only thing is that the 69 C bodys did not use wood grain on the console top. 66 to 68 had a ribbed chrome top ..... 69 had a dull natural brushed aluminum finish. The wood grain was used on the B bodys which shared the console top pieces with the C body.
The correct finish overlays are not repoped as far as I could find. But I like the wood grain look ... so I used it.

seat belt storage clips (Large).JPG

Back