Woodruff Carburetor

shooter65

Reaction score
I wanted to thank @Dana for his exceptional service and skill. I've never had much success rebuilding carbs for some reason. I don't really know why but I just am not good at it. I guess you have to know your limitations.

I've tried a few other people and companies and have been consistently disappointed until I had @Dana rebuild the carb for my 1972 John Deere 1020. It wasn't running bad but the chock cable was seized so starting in cold weather was terrible. When I chocked it at the carb, it leaked a lot of gas. I had him rebuild it and the first impressive part was that he told me he didn't see anything wrong but did adjust it so it wasn't dumping so much fuel. It runs like new now, granted the new choke cable helps so I don't have to get off the operator station to chock it but no more leaking even when I choke is great and I think it may have been running rich before. Thank you!!!

I just picked up my carb for the Fury after his restoration and he told me that it had been rebuilt but someone had the main and secondary jets reversed so it was running way to lean. That also make sense because the problem I was having, other then my OCD telling me it needed restored and not just rebuild, was that if it sat for more then 4 hours, I had to prime the carb to get it started. Running very lean makes sense that this would cause the issue.

I will be referring anyone who needs carb work to him, although I know he's very busy, which I believe is another indicator of his excellent work. If you're not doing good work, you won't stay in business long. My prediction is that he will be in business until he decides to retire.

:lol: funny, I wanted to make a similar post. I had my dad send his T quad to Woodruff a couple weeks ago. It came back today. I had it on and the car running great within 20 minutes. No adjustment necessary, tapped the key and purred like a kitten. Im sold!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

We do have some great vendors and service providers among us. It’s always good to give them a shout out to let others know about them. Even more importantly giving them our business, especially during these unprecedented times. These folks are old car guys like us so they share our passion of keeping them running and looking good.

Her's a before and after thanks to Dana! Amazing....

Carter Before.JPG

Carter After.JPG

Amazing! I've had quite a few carbs rebuilt over the years but they never come back that pretty. The body of the carb and the linkage and plates look brand new! How do you do it?

If it's not brand new right out of the box, I send them to Dana. He does great work.

Only complaint/issue is the thick felpro 60123 carb gasket he sent with the carb that went on my Blue 71 as well as Medina.

It seemed to work on Medina, but on the Blue car it created the worst vacuum leak and it would not run. I swapped to a regular thin carb gasket and it fired right up via @Xenon diagnosis over the phone (he is pretty smart for a grumpy old curmudgeon)

I'll always send my carbs to woodruff.

gasket (4)-1.jpg

Got mine over to him last week. I was having all sorts of choke issues... previous user had a Cool Carb plate installed and in doing so, the installer destroyed the choke linkage. So I figured she could use a nice freshen-up anyway.

I'm looking forward to having it run right. What I like about it already, is that he actually RUNS the carb on a test engine. Not many shops do that. They simply blow air through it and test with vacuum. Then they leave all the minor adjustments to the owner.

Kudos to Dana for doing it the right way!

Back