Working on the '78 Wiper system problem.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Bob:
I'm working on the best solution for you guys with the '78 windshield wiper problem. Through the help of two other NYB owners who have worked on their wiper systems (one a 77 and one a 78) we are comparing notes.

I need one thing from you first:
Please give me the measurements of the fascia opening for your wiper switch as shown in the pic because we're coming up with two different sizes for 78 based on whether it's a 2 speed, 3 speed, or varable speed wiper system.

10poao8.jpg

Width = 1.75" Height = 1.25" My 78 NYB is a 2 speed intermittent wiper system. The wiper switch is part number 3747 350.

Thanks Stan!

DSC01829.jpgDSC01830.jpgDSC01833.jpgDSC01834.jpgDSC01835.jpgDSC01836.jpgDSC01838.jpg

DSC01824.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

DSC01830.jpg

DSC01833.jpg

DSC01834.jpg

DSC01835.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

Good. Looks like a 2 speed or 3 speed switch (of which there are ton of, used and NOS) is a plug 'n play.
I'm waiting for them to get back to me on what hassles there are under the cowl.

Bob, your light is blocking the house number, thats not good for the 911 system, please move one of them.........

Thanks Dave.

I'll move the house number after the storm.

Not far from the Chesapeake Bay and the Susquehanna River. There's other river tributaries all around me which will flood the roads and make them nonpassable. I'll be ok from storm surge.......it's the wind and rain that's going to be a problem for me. Other communities all around me have more immediate flood threats, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Edgewood, Havre De Grace, and most definitely Port Deposit after the Conowingo Dam opens 50+gates.

Hi.
My is the same as Bob's NYers.
Just another thing. my son for school was looking up some kind of CAD design porgram. and come across a place in the U.S. that you draw the thing you like them to make useing the porgram. tell them what you want it made from (steel, brass. plastic so on} and they send you a costing. all done on CNC gear.
has anyone try this for our 1 year wiper cam bushes.
I'm get my boy ask the treaher what the site was.
you guys have any idea on this?

Hey, good news.
If it helps, it's been confirmed that your 2 speed delay system was also used on the 79-81 R models.
Maybe Murray has a few of those around.

I already gave Bob the link for that.
BTW, The Group has been going down the toilet for some time now, do you think?

He succeeded very well in driving just about everybody away.

Back