would a Kaiser be welcome at a Mopar show ?

marko

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
my car hauling buddy got another old car that has been in long term storage ( since the early 1980s). i dont know how he finds these things.
hes not a flipper, he will just add it to his ahh "collection" - that sounds nicer than "hoard".
its a 51 Kaiser Deluxe.
the car had been restored in the 70s and then parked deep in back of a garage.
now that the car is cleaned up and running we are trying to figure out if Kaiser could be considered mopar related enough to take to the show at Coombs later this month.
i think it is.

since Kaiser took over Willys Overland which produced Jeep in the early 1950s, and then AMC took over Kaiser Jeep in 1970 i think thats enough of a Mopar connection

20220416_135050_resized.jpg

20220416_135723_resized.jpg

20220416_135255_resized.jpg

20220416_135420_resized.jpg

20220416_135446_resized.jpg

20220416_155137_resized.jpg

20220417_150806_resized.jpg

20220417_151907_resized.jpg

20220417_152254_resized.jpg

I vote hell yes.
My grandpa had a Kaiser after coming back from the war, then mopars.

I’d stop and check it out at an all Mopar show.:thumbsup:

i am with Matt . .. plus I'll add on to Furious70's pomt: its "kind of" a Mopar anyway .. Kaiser > Willys > Jeep > AMC > Chrysler .. via corporate restructuring of the auto biz over the decades.

quite a few Kaiser customers arrived at Chrysler brands following those corporate loyalties.

Any event, neat sled in its own right no matter what show it appeared at. :).

IMHO, usually the guy at the gate won't know what kind of car it is... So, that could go either way...

I also expected an onslaught of Mercedes Benz cars at Mopar shows and I haven't seen a single one... Same for Fiat.

Could you bring a Lamborghini tractor to a Mopar show? Chrysler owned Lamborghini for 6 or 7 years... Renaults? How about a Hillman or a Sunbeam? What about a 1923 Chalmers? What if a Sunbeam Tiger showed up, complete with 289 Ford motor... A few were sold by Chrysler with the 5/50 covering that Ford engine, so there ya go.

You really get into the Chrysler history and there's all sorts of vehicles that had connections. When I was involved in a big Mopar show, we had a long talk about it. Never really decided what the answer is, just decided we'd see who showed up at the gate.

IMHO, usually the guy at the gate won't know what kind of car it is... So, that could go either way...

I also expected an onslaught of Mercedes Benz cars at Mopar shows and I haven't seen a single one... Same for Fiat.

Could you bring a Lamborghini tractor to a Mopar show? Chrysler owned Lamborghini for 6 or 7 years... Renaults? How about a Hillman or a Sunbeam? What about a 1923 Chalmers? What if a Sunbeam Tiger showed up, complete with 289 Ford motor... A few were sold by Chrysler with the 5/50 covering that Ford engine, so there ya go.

You really get into the Chrysler history and there's all sorts of vehicles that had connections. When I was involved in a big Mopar show, we had a long talk about it. Never really decided what the answer is, just decided we'd see who showed up at the gate.
Agree. How about AMC? They have their own shows and meets. I wonder how many Mopar's show up? Like you said, it's a tough decision. They are cousins but not siblings. How far do we reach out for family reunions? We wouldn't turn anyone away though. Yep. No good answer.

Damn I do like that Kaiser though!

Agree. How about AMC? They have their own shows and meets. I wonder how many Mopar's show up? Like you said, it's a tough decision. They are cousins but not siblings. How far do we reach out for family reunions? We wouldn't turn anyone away though. Yep. No good answer.

Damn I do like that Kaiser though!
I have seen quite a few AMC vehicles at Mopar shows. Carlisle has an AMC class.

But I don't know about showing up with my Mopar at an AMC show! An old buddy of mine runs the local AMC show (and is a diehard Mopar guy too) and I'll ask him.

my $0.02?

my position is "biased" by nerdy analyses we conducted when i was in the OEM car biz.

what things (races, products, shows, organizations, etc) we'd "sponsor" had to be a accompanied by what we (the OEM) "got" outta (i.e,. return on investment) the sponsorship outlay.

yeah .. slippery/less then complete facts, judgements had to be made, etc but occasionally some real solid data was presented. i always liked the "brand migration" work we saw ... some very solid work rather than "handwaving" platitudes was many times done for our review..

My up/down vote on a sponsor deal was impacted by questions of brand loyalty (as both "acquired" AND "homegrown" vehicle brands created custmer revenue for us) demonstrations.

other execs in the company thought that the loyalty notion was a buncha sales/marketing "BS" (part of our in/out/in stock car racing decisions over the years for example). we'd have quite the internal KDDO (knock down drag outs) ay times.

as a private citizen i am where @Toolmanmike and @Big_John are describing.

speaking practically, if i organized a show (or a family reunion, or a wedding), i gotta have a policy maybe shaded toward "inclusion" to extent possible. "cousins" are family members too ... they wanna show up, i will try to accomodate vs. question their motivation for wanting to come

if somebody got turned away/didnt get invited to the "party", it would be i was outta space or some other thing that required a good faith "prioritization". example ... "fourth" cousins might not get dinner but may have to settle for a free wedding DVD.

by rough analogy, i'd take "Kaiser" guys at my "Mopar" show IF they otherwise met my show requirements (because i have seen data on "corporate loyalty"). Same reason i'd take Chevy guys at my Pontiac show.

While not an "All Kaiser" show, we have this one that will have Kaisers and other brands (including some east European cars)

It's a good size show. I went in 2020 and there were about 100 Studebakers!

EDIT: Just remembered I posted a thread about it back then. Orphan Car Show

1651944087812.png

Well, Zastava did produce some Fiats along with the Fiat 128 based Yugo. They also built Ford trucks in the 30's...

Zastava Automobiles - Wikipedia

There's all sorts of tie ins.. Diamond Star (remember that name?) was Chrysler and Mitsubishi. They built the Eagle... So I could see letting Eagles in, but would the line be drawn at Mitsubishi?

You know... I worked the show car gate at a local Mopar show back in the 90's and I had to turn away a couple cars, a 30's vintage Pontiac stands out. I got them primo parking just outside the show field though and got them in for free just because they showed up. Another guy in an mid 60's Olds somehow snuck on one year (back gate) and was being a jerk about it, so I told him that he "could leave".

Well, Zastava did produce some Fiats along with the Fiat 128 based Yugo. They also built Ford trucks in the 30's...

Zastava Automobiles - Wikipedia

There's all sorts of tie ins.. Diamond Star (remember that name?) was Chrysler and Mitsubishi. They built the Eagle... So I could see letting Eagles in, but would the line be drawn at Mitsubishi?

You know... I worked the show car gate at a local Mopar show back in the 90's and I had to turn away a couple cars, a 30's vintage Pontiac stands out. I got them primo parking just outside the show field though and got them in for free just because they showed up. Another guy in an mid 60's Olds somehow snuck on one year (back gate) and was being a jerk about it, so I told him that he "could leave".
Starion, Colt, there’s a lot of Mitsubishi ties.

Back