Would you consider this a parts car?

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
The rest of this car looks to be in pretty solid shape. Would you consider it a parts car because of the tree damage?

upload_2020-8-2_19-12-28.png

upload_2020-8-2_19-10-21.png

upload_2020-8-2_19-12-15.png

upload_2020-8-2_19-12-22.png

Last edited:
Porta-power in the right hands could work wonders. I think it could be straightened, the roof panel would probably be weak afterwards, so do no roll it.

Dave

You can try to raise the roof again but whether you can restore it to how it was built is questionable let alone the $$$$ involved. Perhaps ask Wyatt who helps @ayilar and see what he says.

Seems good for a custom or parts in any case.

Best wishes whatever you decide.

The trunk looks like it took a pretty hard hit also, It is sprung so I wonder how straight the rear quarters are. Unfortunately I think this could turn into a money pit and it doesn't seem that it was in excellent shape before the tree fell on it.

Look at it this way, you can use the roof off of any 1965 thru 1968 "C" body 4dr. Ht. You could probably get it real cheap. The expensive part is having a body man repair it.

A 4-dr Parade Car would be neat, BUT the body structure, being unit-body (no frame) would certainly need to be reinforced/augmented so it didnt' fold up AND all the doors would open and close as designed.

Other factors might be how long it sat outside after "the fall"? Still could be a nice car, one way or another.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Straighten it out with a porta power, then replace with the roof from a rusted out car, they are still around. If not then part it out. Fix it if it holds any sentimental value. That car could go in either direction.

Are you buying or selling? That makes a huge difference. If it's a project car you want to restore or build it's a fairly easy fix if you can find parts (or a parts car) LOL

It's not terribly hard to put a roof on a 4dr hardtop. The seams are hidden behind the trim at the base of the C pillar, and seaming the A pillar is no big deal. Looks like it needs a trunk lid too. I'm sure Murray has about 20 of those roofs in stock, and he's not all that far from you.

The rest of the car would have to be very nice to make it worth while. Looks like it's a bucket seat car, which would up the desirability level quite a bit.

Jeff

Are you buying or selling? That makes a huge difference. If it's a project car you want to restore or build it's a fairly easy fix if you can find parts (or a parts car) LOL

I would be buying it. I was considering it as a parts car.

Being as I don't have a C body, I would fix it. Is it local to you?
It is not local. If it was local I probably wouldn't be hemming and hawing about it.

It's somewhat southern so it should be solid. I'm thinking the parts I could strip from it would offset the cost of it, but then I've got transportation to consider also.

They all can't be saved, I wish they could but some must give up the ghost to keep other's alive. If you can get what you need and likely get most of your money back on the remaining parts, I'd call it a parts car and get it. I had the opportunity a couple of years ago to do the same but I passed and bought a bunch of parts from it. I've regretted it ever since. I should have bought the whole car, taken what I needed and parted what was salvageable and scrapped the rest.

Much like that wagon that was on here a few weeks ago, I would not consider that a parts car if the drive train was A1, the interior was great, the body was straight and rust free. Those are a lot of "ifs". But I'd consider the damage repairable, especially if that was a favorite car. And since it's all hidden by headliner anyway, I'd throw a bunch of angle iron or square tube stock underneath and make it stronger than new.

I would be buying it. I was considering it as a parts car.

It is not local. If it was local I probably wouldn't be hemming and hawing about it.

It's somewhat southern so it should be solid. I'm thinking the parts I could strip from it would offset the cost of it, but then I've got transportation to consider also.
Go look... bring cash and either a trailer or a uhaul reservation you can cancel... but, please, never trust that southern means your safe from rust. BTW, the price has something to do with it... cheap enough to be worth buying... parts or repair. Some guy who thinks he's really got something... yard art (his) and staying that way.

I did some snooping.

That car would definitely be worth saving.

I'll make an offer:

If you'd like to save it, bring me the car, a roof, a windshield gasket, plus a grand and I'll make it right again.

I'll even throw in the rear glass for free.

Supply a new headliner and vinyl top, and I'll install them too.

I can't help on the trunk lid though. You'll have to find one that's decent.

Jeff

Back