NOT MINE WOW - 66 VIP in Colorado - gorgeous - NOT MINE - $12,500

Ross Wooldridge

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
NOT MINE

Holy moly this is gorgeous. Somebody needs to rescue this one, as it's rare the way it's optioned - including the colour. Click on the FB f in the right corner of the ad pic to access the ad on FB.

Loaded - AC, tilt/tele, power windows, bench and locks, AM/FM with rear seat speaker, turbine wheel covers, bumper guards, reading lights, cigar lighter in the rear of the front seat for the rear seat passengers, door pulls (lights and pulls are VIP only). No Autopilot, or reverb that I can see - reverb may be there. Possibly vacuum trunk release, but not able to see for sure. It has the clip on the trunk hinge, but that may be only holding the wiring for the inner tail lights and reverse lights.

1648050584430.png

1648050606090.png

1648050617283.png

1648050632444.png

1648050646424.png

1648050655823.png

1648050665837.png

1648050681255.png

1648050704312.png

1648050719327.png

Last edited:
The color is a huge plus for sure! however it's a huge minus when it comes to repairing the damage on the right side. Matching or blending the paint will be a major pain in the butt.

Agreed - but such is life. One couldn't build one as nice for the price, even when one adds in the cost of getting the damage repaired, and cleaning up the AC etc. I adore the colour.

Here are more pics from their ad:

Beautiful uncracked T/T wheel with emblem!
1648055753134.png

Nice gauges - confirms there is no Autopilot option, but it does have 4 way flashers.

1648055801168.png

Trunk - can't see the reverb if there is one, and not sure if there's a vacuum trunk release - it has the clip, but that could just be for the wiring. Car also has trunk light!

1648055829940.png

Engine

1648055889896.png

Last edited:
Interestingly, what I don't see and I would expect in a car of this level is the hood silencer pad - and no evidence that one was ever there.

What a deal for such a clean and loaded car in nice shape. Classy looking vehicle.

so the single snorkel means a 383 2bbl?

Nice car! It has to have the trunk release, what else would that hose that sneaks around the hinge be for?

Looks like a very nice car, needing a few things. As I recall, that silver color was a Spring Special color, which was also on a lot of "special option package" Fury III cars, too. Looked really nice. Forgot about the spare tire cover that matched the trunk mat. Being a Plymouth, it would not be carpet, but still looks decent. Personally, I would be more worried about any damage to the rh frt door hinges. Paint can be played with to get it right. By the same token, even if the paint was a perfect match for color and metallic content "placement", it would still show evidence of repair in the future as the rest of the paint continued to color-shift and the new paint begins its aging process, too. Not really good dynamics to me, but I've seen it happen. That car needs a loving home!

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Interestingly, what I don't see and I would expect in a car of this level is the hood silencer pad - and no evidence that one was ever there.
Just came from Hamtramck-Historical, where I read through the '66 VIP sections. The hood insulator pad was paired with Factory Undercoat as a stand-alone option package. There was ONE 440, the 440/365 motor, which had a 4-speed manual trans as standard (lesser motors had the normal 3-speed manual trans as base equipment).

As a side note, with no factory undercoat, being in CO might be a possible issue? Which is where the vehicle's history might be important.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Last edited:
Beautiful car. Fully loaded with options too. I have to agree with it being a spring special because of the body color & white headliner & sun visors. AM/FM radio wasn’t a widely popular option back then either. Sure it may not be perfect. That damage on the right front door may take some skill to fix and I didn’t see a pentastar on the lower right fender. I know, that’s getting picky. VIPs were a lower production model than the other Fury’s. I always loved the 4 door hard top model too. Such a classy looking car.

Back