WOW! What a difference

Anatowski

Reaction score
Just changed out my shocks on my 78 Newport and man what a difference! In the front I used "KYB GAS ADJUSTS" in the rear I used "MONROE SENSA-TRAC" with coil over load leveler spring, also I put on some new sway bar mount bushings and link ends with polyurethane bushings and it rides and drives like a totally different car,also got about 2 inch lift in the rear IMG_2749.jpgIMG_2751.jpgIMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

I'm running the same on the rear but Monroe in the front. They make a huge difference. I also put a 11/4 firmfeel sawbar in the front. I didn't have much of a problem chasing my brother thru curves with his e36 m3.

I have KYB Gas-A-Just on the front and factory air ride on the rear.

Sway bar links, and related bushings are the only place I will ever use poly bushings. They make the ride so much harsher on any other component in the suspension and drive train.

I know my firm feel bar on my wagon was one of the best front end upgrades I ever did. And I run KYB's at all 4 corners on the wagon too.

Congrats on the install. They Look great! I cant wait to bolt up some kyb's under my car. Out of curiosity.. Has anyone used the billstien shocks??

Congrats on the install. They Look great! I cant wait to bolt up some kyb's under my car. Out of curiosity.. Has anyone used the billstien shocks??

I'm going to put them in my truck.

Just changed out my shocks on my 78 Newport and man what a difference! In the front I used "KYB GAS ADJUSTS" in the rear I used "MONROE SENSA-TRAC" with coil over load leveler spring, also I put on some new sway bar mount bushings and link ends with polyurethane bushings and it rides and drives like a totally different car,also got about 2 inch lift in the rearView attachment 37247View attachment 37248View attachment 37249

Where did you source your Monroe Sensa-Tracs and are they the same part number as would be used on earlier C bodies? I bought a set of rear Gabriel Coil over shocks for the rear of my 1970 C body, and it didn't do anything for raising up the rear of the sagging rear end. The so called coil over spring was so weak it was worthless for any real purpose. Never again with Gabriel.

Bilstein shocks

If you think KYB's and Munroe's are great, wait until you hang Bilsteins on all four
corners. They are just amazing.

I have them all around. Had KYB shocks but I trashed them for Bilstein. At a glance, the shock diameter of the Bilstein's are a full 3/4 inch larger in diameter but fit perfectly. When you compress them you quickly realize the difference between the two. Down side is that to install them on my 65 Fury I had to drop the lower control arm by undoing the upper ball joint nut
because the shocks fit into a tube welded in the K-member.Made the whole job an hour longer but it was well worth it. The boat dose not sway anymore. I guess you get what you pay for, right?

Back