WPC winter swap meet, Detroit area

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
This swap used to be at the end of January but the venue closed last year so now it’s December 10th.

00d0d_2QIfkqExWgr_600x450.jpg

00t0t_7otxfZjCQ7v_600x450.jpg

3024.png
3024.png
3025.png
3025.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

make / manufacturer: CHRYSLER DODGE PLYMOUTH
model name / number: 440 HEMI

WPC MOPAR SWAP MEET DODGE PLYMOUTH CHRYSLER IMPERIAL DESOTO RAM TRUCK

Matt....so the WPC Museum is no more? Where did Ma Mopar move all the cars?

Any talk about another Chrysler museum to be established anywhere in Motor City?

Matt....so the WPC Museum is no more? Where did Ma Mopar move all the cars?

Any talk about another Chrysler museum to be established anywhere in Motor City?

This swap meet has nothing to do with the museum, never has. The expo center (which was only rented for the swap, no connection to the WPC club) has closed, so a new location was needed.

The museum cars and other items moved to the closed Viper plant. Eventually it should open to the public, on a limited basis. All work on that project is done on a very tight budget, so progress is slow.

That’s a better answer than I could have provided, thanks Carmine!:thumbsup:

That’s a better answer than I could have provided, thanks Carmine!:thumbsup:

NP... if you're not local, I could see how the museum and club names could get confusing.

It sucks that with the trade center closing, this guy will disappear. I imagine it probably messed with drunks on I-94....

B99550252Z.1_20170703203800_000_GEB1I3180.3-0.jpg

And if I need Mopar swap items, an iguana, a tattoo, Chinese sawdust-furniture, a bong, a Persian rug, or stolen tools; I can't get it all at one location just a few exits from home.

Typical of so many of these shows, with Sun 3:00 pm end times, i have to pass.

Church or some sort of family time on Sundays I’m guessing.

As hard as it may be to believe, some old-timey people still attend church on Sunday, drive cars with carburetors, post on websites with a BlackBerry and have checked out of pop culture (like a half-*** version of the Amish). Since I'm in the habit of getting up at 4AM, I'll probably get there just to park a certain vehicolous en vende at the mercado. But I won't be there from 8:30 until likely 10 AM.

332235.jpg

Since this one has EFI, I won't need to hitch up the team.

Last edited:
Back