NOT MINE Wrecked 1971 Plymouth Fury III Sedan Pennsylvania State Police - eBay Auction - Ono, Pennsylvania

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting - Starting Bid - $500, Time left: 6d 13h

Wrecked 1971 Plymouth Fury III Sedan Pennsylvania State Police - eBay auction - Ono, Pennsylvania

:(

eBay Description
PL41T1F213224
HERE WE HAVE A UNIQUE 1971 PLYMOUTH FURY III ( WHITE AND GREEN ) PENNSYLVANIA STATE POLICE CAR
THIS FURY WAS WRECKED IN THE EARLY 70S' WITH ONLY 11,578 MILES AND SOLD AT THE PA STATE SALE AND SAT DORMANT IN A PRIVATE JUNKYARD SINCE
EQUIPPED WITH THE E85 440 SUPER COMMANDO WITH 727 HEAVY DUTY AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
ONTOP OF BEING WRECKED THE CAR IS ROUGH FROM SITTING OUT IN THE ELEMENTS FOR DECADES AS YOU CAN SEE IN PHOTOS
THE DRIVETRAIN IS COMPLETE , LOOKING AT PICTURE #11 DOWN THE OIL FILL CAP YOU CAN SEE HOW CLEAN IT IS . I TRIED TURNING THE ENGINE OVER BUT SEEMS TO HAVE STUCK FROM SITTING, THE WATER PUMP / FAN / P/S PUMP / ALTERANTOR AND OIL FILTER GOT DAMAGED FROM THE IMPACT . SPARK PLUG WIRES SHOWING 3Q-70 DATE CODE , I DID NOTICE THE COIL IS MISSING .
BLOCK PAD SHOWS G440 ON THE PAD .BLOCK 2536430 DATE ON THE BLOCK FIRST NUMBER I CANNOT MAKE OUT BUT IS ?/16/1970
THE REAR WAS PULLED APART THE CENTER SECTION IN IN THE TRUNK
INTERIOR HAS BEEN COMPROMISED DUE TO THE WINDSHEILD BEING BROKE OUT
HAS ALL THE POLICE OPTIONS, REMOTE TRUNK RELEASE. GROUND STRAP. FAST IDLE CABLE. DUAL DOME LIGHTS ECT
THE RIGHT FRONT ROTOR / HUB IS MISSING SO THERE IS ONLY 3 ROLLING WHEELS
LOCATED IN ONO, PA 17077
THE VEHICLE IS HAS NOT TITLE AND SOLD FOR PARTS
FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS, THANKS
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-8.jpg
s-l1600-16.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-15.jpg

Last edited:
I hope somebody here gets a hold of her, there’s a Lotta good stuff there. I want that air breather.

Nice pie tin, but not a Super Commando motor. Other than the certified speedo, what other cop parts are there?

I wonder how the frame is on the car, that is what makes me a bit nervous with no pictures and it being smashed in the front like that. I'm 95% sure it is fine but I would still like to know, the owner seems like he knows what he is talking about but is he hiding anything?

Nice pie tin, but not a Super Commando motor. Other than the certified speedo, what other cop parts are there?
1971 Plymouth Fury III 4dr PL41 Cop Items.001.jpg

1971 Plymouth Fury III 4dr PL41 Bonding Strap.001.jpg
1971 Plymouth Fury III 4dr PL41 Bonding Strap.002.jpg

Being a PL car and not the PK police package who knows what else is Police, only the tag & broadcast sheet will tell.

1971 Plymouth Fury III 4dr PL41 Door VIN.001.jpg

It's definitely not a Fury III but with the green hood & trunk period correct for the PSP.

1969 Plymouth Fury Pennsylvania State Police.001.jpg

I wonder how the frame is on the car, that is what makes me a bit nervous with no pictures and it being smashed in the front like that. I'm 95% sure it is fine but I would still like to know, the owner seems like he knows what he is talking about but is he hiding anything?
Stub frame & unibody would be toast with a hard hit like that, look at the RF fender and see how it's kicked up and bent, there has got to be some RR stub unibody mount damage and if it's torn up rusted that would mean that the car was crashed long after the PSP owned it.

(edit) "I'm 95% sure it is fine"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

"This picture is worrisome as that is not a HiPo manifold"

The tag clearly indicates a T code E85 power plant.

You really are full of yourself. Me? I read the description " JUNKYARD SINCE
EQUIPPED WITH THE E85 440 "

I can also read the tag ...that ain't a U.

I think James is referring to the presence of the "Super Commando" pie tin. Don't know why that would be there on an E85 engine.

I think James is referring to the presence of the "Super Commando" pie tin. Don't know why that would be there on an E85 engine.

I Didn't quote James .

Because as you know people put that tin on all the time, it looks cool. Not correct but it's perrrty

All 65 to 74 PSP Furys were Fury IIs (PL not PK) but the seller is a Ford guy so an easy typo on his part. It's tempting but a restoration of this is way beyond my means and there's not enough parts that I could use. It would be a shame to part this as I don't know if there are any restored true 69 to 71 PSP cruisers in existence.

upload_2021-5-5_16-43-25.png

You really are full of yourself. Me? I read the description " JUNKYARD SINCE
EQUIPPED WITH THE E85 440 "

I can also read the tag ...that ain't a U.
OK then why the dual snorkel air filter? Forget the pie tin, but why would someone put that on this car if it was crashed by the State Police?

Some missing pictures:

1971 PLYMOUTH FURY III PA STATE POLICE 440 SUPER COMMANDO 727 71 MOPAR 11K MILES.009.jpg
1971 PLYMOUTH FURY III PA STATE POLICE 440 SUPER COMMANDO 727 71 MOPAR 11K MILES.010.jpg
1971 PLYMOUTH FURY III PA STATE POLICE 440 SUPER COMMANDO 727 71 MOPAR 11K MILES.011.jpg
1971 PLYMOUTH FURY III PA STATE POLICE 440 SUPER COMMANDO 727 71 MOPAR 11K MILES.021.jpg
1971 PLYMOUTH FURY III PA STATE POLICE 440 SUPER COMMANDO 727 71 MOPAR 11K MILES.023.jpg

Back