WTB: 1970-1971 Fury GT project / rolling body

Status
Not open for further replies.

gts95

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a decent '70 or '71 Fury GT project. Can be a driver to a rolling body, just no rust buckets. Don't even care about color and options, just a good body to build.

Thanks. My email is [email protected]

Yeah.......we'll get back to you on that. A couple just recently passed through here but they were not rust free for sure.

Production both years combined was below 1000 I think, tough cookie; I hate to say it but I remember a good one in a coppertone I think went to Germany a couple years ago.

Yeah.......we'll get back to you on that. A couple just recently passed through here but they were not rust free for sure.

I'm not expecting a totally rust-free car, but I just don't have the skills to start replacing entire quarters, floor pans, etc. I'm expecting to replace bottom quarters and what not. There is one around here that is fairly rust-free, but is hit hard in the front. Would need an entire front clip basically. And no motor/trans and thrashed interior. You may have seen it posted on C-body dry dock. Plus, the guy thinks it is worth more than it is.

Gotta assume your talking about Dans black car..... Yeah, its a little high

They pop up more frequently than a 70 polara ragtop. If you look for a year or two you can pick your options and colors

Be easier, cheaper, and just as good, if not better in my opinion, to duplicate one.
Never been a VIN nazi myself.

Last edited:
Gotta assume your talking about Dans black car..... Yeah, its a little high

No sorry, that's about 2200 miles away from me. I'm in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area (not sure I can add that to my profile). There was a regular "T" code Fury GT on C-body dry dock back in the Spring. Oklahoma car. Looked decent as far as rust issues, just hit hard in the front back in 1979 (sitting ever since). And no motor, trans, title, etc. He was asking $2500. I think Commando1 told the guy what the car was really worth, and he didn't take it too well. LOL :yaayy:

I think Commando1 told the guy what the car was really worth, and he didn't take it too well. LOL
Ah, yes! I remember that car, now...:icon_mrgreen:
BTW, I'm Stan. And you are...?
Welcome to FCBO.

Last edited:

I think this is one of them FuselageImperial refers to; had that somewhere recently.

I think Commando1 told the guy what the car was really worth, and he didn't take it too well. LOL :yaayy:

I had that happen to me once years ago, over th ephone. I was looking to get a beater and drove an '84 Olds Custom Cruiser, the big wagon. This was in '97 so it was 13 years old. It needed a paint job very badly, the headliner was falling down, and had a bunch of other little issues, but drove decently. I figured it was a $1500 car. The old guy who was selling it was asking $3300 IIRC. I called him the day after driving it and explained very nicely that I liked the car but that it had some issues, etc., and that all I would pay for it was $1500.

"WHAT!!! WHAT??? Why, I never... <click>"

Probably was better off without it anyway.

100_1943.jpg100_1945.jpg100_1947.jpgthis parts car is still @ Mega U Pull it in El Paso. Probably a month to crush. Hood and RF fender are very clean. Yikes - just noticed it has front drums - must have been a challenge to slow that beast.

100_1943.jpg

100_1945.jpg

100_1947.jpg

Last edited:
newmexguy; must have been a challenge to slow that beast.[/QUOTE said:
Not at all, power drums are really not that big of a problem. As long as your not trying to stop at 120 miles per hour and keeping a fair distance. Granted its no four wheel disc brake set up but their fine.

Like Dave, I have no problem with power drum brakes in a C-body. Or drum brakes.
With fat rubber you can stop in just as short a distance. What they won't do is hold up to fade when you're track racing which you ain't ever going to do. In a panic stop, they lock up just like discs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back