WTB: 1970-1971 Fury GT project / rolling body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an email alert for this post. The car was sold for scrap in October-November last year. I still have the fender tag for it. Last price to get it sold to someone else was $350 for a complete car with motor/trans and everything, but it fell through. I sent a guy named Gary a ton of pics of it and tried to get it sold to him. You can ask him about how nice of a builder it was. I wanted to get it sold to someone before I moved and was forced to crush it. We sold my dad's mechanic shop where everything was stored and I just bought a home on the coast so I couldn't bring everything with me and it all had to go.

You said you were done with this site on page 7 because you didnt wanr to face facts. I guess you came back to be provokative.....?

Considering it came with a running parts car and some other things,I really didn't think it was unreasonable.I'm actually offended and would rather just set the thing on fire and send it to the crusher.
And it wasn't even worth $350.00.

What a dick.........

Funny, you kept your cool through that whole thread and I kept thinking the same thing....I would have lost it way before.

I have the feeling, though, that the SFGT never really existed beyond a fender tag pic, so we could add the disclaimer at the end of this drama "No C-Bodies were harmed during the making of this thread"....

I wanna see proof that its in the crusher. Photos on the Rollback , the car sitting in the pound, then getting crushed......... We wont

I sent an email when this car came up and the car was offered to me, i have a load of pics of the car plus others i even told you guys about it and how cheap you could get it for, i uploaded some pics on FCBO for you all to see and i heard nothing but crickets at the time. This car was for sale for over a year on here and how many actually asked for pics to see it? i got them when i asked for them unfortunately I didnt have the funds to pull the trigger. Its strange really because i had promises from people who would buy my stuff in the bag but when it came to actually paying me so I could do this deal nothing happened, but thats another story. Seems to me a lot of people do a lot of talking and cast aspersions etc when they themselves did nothing. Seriously if a single email from me got me all the info and all the pics i could want plus able to negotiate the price down without any hassle how is it this guys fault not a single other person here couldn't at least make an inquiry to check it out when it was available?

Not doubting you, but I just trolled his 45 posts and not a peep or a link to the car in question, not even a for sale thread. Where was it for sale for a year? Sure, I could have sent an email for a pic request, but I wasn't interested in buying. All he ever did was troll for how much things are worth, and then became insulted when questioned about it. The point is, if he posted even one photo and how much he wanted it would have gotten people to talk about the car. There are plenty of lurkers here who don't want to engage in conversation, but would have seen the car and may have peaked some interest. That's how stuff gets sold. If he crushed it it was his own fault.

My point exactly, no one bothered to follow it up after he posted about its existence and desire to sell, anyone looking for a sport fury or interested in seeing it would have contacted him and asked, to say I dont see any posts laying everything out shows how little interest there is in most people chasing after something they desire. I always find my cars in places no one looks and i always chase down vague leads, yes most turn out to be nothing but hey then a gem turns up and this car was offered originally at 1500 bucks without motor or trans or 2500 with motor or trans and yes to me that was too much, but that doesn't mean i dont find out about it and chase it anyway cos you never know how it turns out, it was offered to me for $1000 all up towards the end and to me was more than fair for a numbers matching complete car that yes needed total restoration, after all the initial price when you are talking of a thousand or fifteen hundred in a full restoration project is peanuts in the final cost. Costs just as much to fully restore a an Ebody or Cbody, we arent here to make money off these cars cos its about the love we have for them.

so what did it look like jbearden or Gary?
Here are some pics, too many to load in a single posting.
70 fury.jpg2012-03-27_14-39-52_628.jpg2012-03-27_14-41-18_664.jpg2012-03-27_14-43-09_570.jpg2012-03-27_14-43-51_538 (1).jpg20131016_165705.jpg

70 fury.jpg

2012-03-27_14-39-52_628.jpg

2012-03-27_14-41-18_664.jpg

2012-03-27_14-43-09_570.jpg

2012-03-27_14-43-51_538 (1).jpg

20131016_165705.jpg

The 8k is the milage we believe is true.7685.3 miles showing on the odometer. My dad bought the car in the mid 70's after the original owner couldn't afford to drive the big gas guzzler around anymore and he never rolled the odometer over.dad drove it for a few months and parked it in a field.he saved it from getting crushed then.the 6500 was for the gt and a running driving 70 fury parts car.we were asking so much because if you don't ask you never know.we never expected to get much for it, but wanted to get as much as we could because we knew exactly what it was and how hard they are to find.if I couldn't sell it to a C body guy and have it restored the way it should be, off to the crusher.and I never ran an ad for it because I only wanted someone who knew what the car was to have it.i didnt want to see it driving around on 13 inch wheels with dingle balls hanging from the roof.we were more than flexible on price, but not set out to be insulted.the car is gone and life goes on.gary knows the story of how it got to the crusher and how I tried to do what I could to save it.towards the end there was nothing I could do.i don't care to go into detail about it.

I know people with that attitude, some are friends....i dont and never have understood the "control" school of thought. I have so much to say about all the stupid things that apparently went on in that cars life.....

BUT, i gotta let it go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back