WTB 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

fc7_plumcrazy

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi,

I am looking for 1970 Sport Fury GT. I prefer blue cars but might consider other colours, too.

If it is the right car: cash is waiting

I would also buy a 1971 SFGT in GY3 yellow and EV2 orange.

Again serious cash is waiting.

Carsten

It is a tall order and he's been looking for a long while. Eventually one will show, if you look long enough. It took me over 20 years to find a FK5 Polara, good thing I wasn't waiting for a 440.

that is right.

Talking 71s I know of only one genuine GY3 SFGT and 4 EV2 orange ones. Some might rememeber that there was an EV2 car for sale on ebay in 2011, was in Texas, a rusty, weathered project in non-running condition. Finally guy wanted 15k for it. I offered 10k but he found someone who paid more.

I had a 70 SFGT already and sold it two years ago Because I needed the money for another project. Altough the car I had was really nice I always wanted a blue one. All I found in the last ten years were two blue rough projects, both rougher than I wantet. It is not easy but I am sure one day I will get the car that I really want.

Carsten

they seem to be different :))
One was a empty shell from Dan Corley (around 10 years ago) the second one was available about 3-4 months ago. Had a blue interieur and a white top. Car was in PA and pretty rusty, v-top torn down, interieur on the rough side. Someone (Dan from Virginia on moparts) bought it

Carsten

My mistake, I was thinking about two B7 71 GT's.

Yeah, RangerDan made a good find

the sellers name was James. A nice guy but after studying the pics I knew it is too rough for me. I hope LtDan will get it on the road and enjoy it

no, I want drivers. I would be really happy with a condition #3 car. I would also buy a condition 4 car which could be brought back to the road. But the car Dan bought was a 4-5, which needs also rust repair on the upper wheel lips and the interieur was bad. V.roof was ripped of, mechanical system was tired etc. It really needs a full resto job

Don't get me wrong, I don't worry about a couple of cracks in the dashboard, a ripped carpet and a ripped drivers seat etc. I am also not afraid to to some reawindow area welding, working on a trunkpan, lower quarters or lower front fenders etc. Just don't want a car which sat outside for a long time and is really weathered

Carsten

Got it, and Dans car was that bad? I didnt think it was from the photos I saw... But I have lost track of the thread....

Last edited:
It is rebuildable. 10 years ago I would have bought it.
Has rust on the quarters (upper wheel lips), also front fenders etcetcetc. paint is real rough, v-top gone, interieur weatered.

A shovel to much work for me. I got 15 pics from the seller back then in early september

local yard had (past tense) a 70 -71 blue sport fury hood. a couple of yard monkeys threw it into a scrap bin unknowst to myself. (was stashing some older mopar sheetmetal there for future sales) idiocy. wonder what the value of a straight one is - without seam rot? am still debating buying the few good sheetmetal parts from that green 70 four door in the el paso yard - hood, RF fender, hood hinges etc - that work also on a two door.

i have a '71 sport fury in EV2, runs good . its gonna need lower qtr's and driver fender. but its in pretty good shape. 383 2 bbl.origoinal paint is still on it but paint is weathered.

i have a '71 sport fury in EV2, runs good . its gonna need lower qtr's and driver fender. but its in pretty good shape. 383 2 bbl.origoinal paint is still on it but paint is weathered.

I would be seriously into it if would have been a SFGT.
I remember an orange 71 Sport Fury in EV2 which was on ebay a couple of times, living in FLorida

Carsten

I wanted it. Was locatet near Houston TX in 2011.
Owner was very optimistic about its price (75k) in the beginning. When he came down to 15k I was interested but someone else was faster. Wasn't running, rusty and interieur trashed. Is it available again?

I wanted it. Was locatet near Houston TX in 2011.
Owner was very optimistic about its price (75k) in the beginning. When he came down to 15k I was interested but someone else was faster. Wasn't running, rusty and interieur trashed. Is it available again?
I got into a pissing contest back and forth with that guy.
It started off with me telling him he was insane @ $75k.
It went badly downhill between us after that.
At $15 he had me so stinkin mad I told him to......

It was rusty (rear window, trunk, quarters, front fenders, underneath couldn't be checked. It was not running. Interieur was deterioated from the sun. But I really liked the car. I offered him 12k for it when he wanted 15k. He turned it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back