WANTED WTB: 1971 Fury sedan repair sheet metals

Status
Not open for further replies.

westmoreland_pa

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello, I just received my 1971 Sport Fury sedan from San Francisco and started to disassemble the windows because the roof appeared to have some rust (underneath the car has no rust). I detected that the windshield was just fixed by using lots of glue into the rust nest.

Does anybody know a supplier that is able to deliver shaped sheet metals around the windshield I'd also concider used ones in better condition maybe from an accident car. The current rain tray metal as as well as the a-pillars are really rotten and I don't know how to replace them with no matching pieces.

Thanks in advance!

fury4.png

fury3.png

fury2.png

fury1.png

Hello, I just received my 1971 Sport Fury sedan from San Francisco and started to disassemble the windows because the roof appeared to have some rust (underneath the car has no rust). I detected that the windshield was just fixed by using lots of glue into the rust nest.

Does anybody know a supplier that is able to deliver shaped sheet metals around the windshield I'd also concider used ones in better condition maybe from an accident car. The current rain tray metal as as well as the a-pillars are really rotten and I don't know how to replace them with no matching pieces.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 550096

View attachment 550097

View attachment 550098

View attachment 550099
Sorry, no repair parts made for those places, will need to be hand made or grafted from used parts. .

Last edited:
I would use parts from another car if possible. Remove the windshield and grind away as much rust as possible. From the pictures it looks pretty bad, but anything can be fixed if you have the skills or cash.

Fabrication is the way to go, you will spend a lot of money on shipping rusty "serviceable" parts that will still need work. Search the Forum. There are members here from Germany that show you have many skilled sheet metal experts right in your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back