WTB 4 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this have the slip yoke or trunnion setup on the rear extension?

The tranny and the BB bell housing is not C-body specific. You can use ones off of other bodies..
Any A833 will work except the ones with the A-body tailshaft because of the shifter mount location.

Yes you just need to find yourself a 23 spline B & C body unit. There are two different size front bearing retainers and as a result two different types of bell housings. The Brewers performance site makes for great reference and parts resource.

The bearing retainers can be swapped out in 5 minutes for the correct size to match the bell housing.

Well i have this with linkage but no bellhousing also i have the drive shaft too. 4speed.jpg4speedtail.jpg

$350 for it all.

4speed.jpg

4speedtail.jpg

I think the two bearing retainers have different bolt patterns but you can get a machined bushing that you can add to the small retainer and use the bell with the bigger hole. Going from memory here so....

I do have the 67 b body with 4speed 440. But...... I have mixed reviews on if the b body stuff will fit into the 65 fury. ( engine , pedals, trans, steering colum)

The pedals are different, the steering column is different, the engines and transmissions are all the same just require linkages that are particular to the different bodies.

I do have the 67 b body with 4speed 440. But...... I have mixed reviews on if the b body stuff will fit into the 65 fury. ( engine , pedals, trans, steering colum)
The 65 BB engine mount on the stub frame is a 65 only. The 67 440 won't have these holes.
The 65 4 speed manual transmission mount on the 65 stub frame is also a one year only.
The '65 C-bodies are the black sheep of the 65-68 "slab" generation.

Last edited:
Ok. Well I think I'm gonna a trade off the 65 fury for a b body then.

http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsYear/65cBodyBRB.html

The above seems to cover just about everything for mounting an RB in 65 C-Body that came with a B engine. It may not be too far off for a car that was originally a poly.

If I get a chance to get to the body shop where my Fury is I'll get some pictures of the mount and engine. The engine in my Fury is a 73 440.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back