SOLD WTB: 74-77 Gran Fury/Monaco 727 Driveshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtopat

Reaction score
Contact seller
Howdy all,

Looking for one last major piece for my '76. Need a driveshaft with a 727 yoke. Any 74-77 Fury/Gran Fury or Monaco/Royal Monaco should do, as long as it wasn't a 904 car. Preferably within an hour or two of Philadelphia.

Thanks!
-Pat

Ok, now you got me thinking...
39.gif

Off to the parts book I guess...

Ok, now you got me thinking...
39.gif

Off to the parts book I guess...

I'll admit I'm new to this and still learning, so I may very well be incorrect! I am genuinely curious what would interchange as it would help broaden my search. :)

The rear end will affect things too, won't it? I.E. 8.25 vs 9.25?

Not sure myself.

Should be able to find a local driveline shop to build you a new driveshaft. Will have to supply/buy the yoke though. Think its around 200$ here for a new shaft to be made

Well, pat was awake when I wasn't.
Here you go.

View attachment 84529

Thanks for sharing that. It looks like there's a slight difference in length depending on 7260/7290 joints. I have to imagine that works out as 8.25/9.25 as monaco75 mentioned, but its close enough I could just get away an adapter u-joint. Now to find a 55-1/2" shaft!

Oh yea, now we can all look forward to hipsters (who weren't even alive when the cars were old the first time) posting all their hilarious inside jokes about road-racing "Deeetroit I-ron".

The derby guys might destroy cars, but at least you don't have that AND a smug commentary on disco music, the "malaise era" and politics they didn't experience.

Or am I wrong, and the driveshaft query isn't for a 24-hours-of-lemons project?

Oh yea, now we can all look forward to hipsters (who weren't even alive when the cars were old the first time) posting all their hilarious inside jokes about road-racing "Deeetroit I-ron".

The derby guys might destroy cars, but at least you don't have that AND a smug commentary on disco music, the "malaise era" and politics they didn't experience.

Or am I wrong, and the driveshaft query isn't for a 24-hours-of-lemons project?

Wait, what? Did I do something? Yes, its a LeMons build.

(I'm cut/pasting from Road & Track to spare you the assault of pop-up ads for their own "10 most popular celebrity cars" and other assorted spam)

"each team would campaign a car built between 1958 and 1990, weighing on the slovenly side of 3500 and 3700 pounds, depending on which bloated model the team would choose. The car would be required to have appeared in at least one chase scene in a TV show or movie released between 1970 and 1989, have a single functional exhaust pipe no larger than 2 3/4 inches, and run Douglas Xtra Trac 2 all-season tires for maximum lateral sloppiness...

That said, any spec series spells death and dismemberment for the wild population of the cars specified. You can pick up long-wheelbase cruisers from the '70s for pennies per pound right now, thanks in part to the economics of supply and demand. Thankfully this idea won't appeal to many sponsors, or tears would be shed as land barges bashed and burned themselves into extinction."

And if you'd like something from a slightly less spammy website...

Get ready for the Next Big Thing in racing: Spec Land Yacht!

Spec%20Land%20Yacht%20-%20Fury-1600x900.jpg

The Team Sputnik Plymouth Fury looked and sounded quite dramatic at the Southern Discomfort 24 Hours of LeMons. Imagine a whole track full of such cars! Photo by Murilee Martin

If you like squealing tires, serious body roll, and flying hubcaps, Spec Land Yacht is the race series for you!

Read more: Get ready for the Next Big Thing in racing: Spec Land Yacht!

Last edited:
Carmine, I'm still not sure what you're salty about. I saved a '76 that was in line to be derbied, spent the last several months piecing it back together to turn it into one-of-how-many(?) road racing C-bodies. Would you have preferred it got smashed into a Chinese washing machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back