For Sale WTB a dual snorkel air filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might help. They claim '65-'67 has the style you need/want.

Nick's Garage - Air Cleaner Identification

You want one with round tubes. There are a couple different variations, not sure of the specifics, but the front indents are different on some of the lids.

Small indent (behind tape) on front. No, I didn't pay that price.

IMG_20180603_182929.jpg

Large indent on front.

IMG_20180504_183036.jpg

Is that the motor in your black '66 car, Scott?
It is. I took off the chrome valve covers and timing cover, and the intake manifold. Put on a '68 intake and use a chrome air cleaner currently. Once I get it sorted out, I'll use the dual snorkel air cleaner.

I think I have a dual snorkel I bought years ago to go with the Imperial, and MIGHT use it on the New Yorker instead. The "pie tin" ID issue always gets controversial, especially when you see "TNT" on cars that clearly weren't available with them, or don't have the corresponding code on their tag.

THANKS, but I already have one, have had it for years, just trying to figure out what to do with it. We cleaned-up/re-painted the one (single snorkel, as shown)that came with my '67 New Yorker in 2017, but I was thinking of putting the dual snorkel on it, what real benefit do you get out of a dual snorkel over the original?.

EngineBayAirCleaner.jpg

No real benefits from dual snorkel just eye candy.
Roadkill did a dyno test comparing all types of air cleaners and even doing the old trick flipping the lid upside down on later air cleaners.
K&N makes a filter to fit the 4 barrel air cleaners fits both single and dusl snorkel sets.
I use one in mine hopethis helps

THANKS - unless there's a real performance benefit, I'll just keep it stock/original. Since people seem to want to pay big $$ for the eye candy, maybe I'll just sell mine.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back