Found WTB: AC / Heater Box Actuator Linkage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah Estrada

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
If any of you have the door flapper rods, and the linkage for a 66-70 B & C Body AC / Heater box PLEASE let me know, as I am in need of those parts…

BCFD2B5E-5F29-462E-B1ED-E5666F987A1B.jpeg

The linkage here is rusted BAD, and one of the door flapper rods snapped clean with no effort when trying to remove a nut. The box itself is a good core, but this linkage is trash. I have all new vacuum actuators.

If any of you have the door flapper rods, and the linkage for a 66-70 B & C Body AC / Heater box PLEASE let me know, as I am in need of those parts…

View attachment 522049

The linkage here is rusted BAD, and one of the door flapper rods snapped clean with no effort when trying to remove a nut. The box itself is a good core, but this linkage is trash. I have all new vacuum actuators.

As bad as that linkage looks, you might be able to clean it up and use it. Emerse it all in a deep tray full of Evaporust for about a week, and see if most of the rust goes away. Clean them up gently with a wire wheel, prime and paint and lubricate them.

^^^^ What @Ripinator said. Soak it in EvapoRust or Cider Vinegar then refinish them.

Which rod did you break? Post a picture with some measurements.

Without even trying, I turned the bolt that holds it onto the linkage and it snapped clean off. This is the heater core side, it’s the flap that goes underneath it …

335733C3-855B-4025-9BA2-373798153B44.jpeg

Here I am pointing to the broken threads on the linkage

AAE51CEB-296F-4EEC-9581-4DE044BD5592.jpeg

View attachment 522049

I’ll check my stash. I see where someone on FB from MI has a complete one for $150. I’ll beat that price for a whole one if I have it.

Last edited:
This is a parts unit that appears to be different from yours. This one is from a ‘67/8 Imperial.
looks like that linkage is the same though. The whole thing for $60 + shipping. DD68BA61-9F28-4872-A67C-4854DEDFB5B2.jpeg78612320-58BB-4119-8151-600FFFA6DD23.jpeg31106383-B1B1-47B1-9B95-FE73D6A2779C.jpeg70826B8E-EA26-4503-A23E-997483CA86B1.jpeg

This is a parts unit that appears to be different from yours. This one is from a ‘67/8 Imperial.
looks like that linkage is the same though. The whole thing for $60 + shipping. View attachment 522175View attachment 522176View attachment 522177View attachment 522178

Thanks for digging that up pal!! I was able to get a linkage, but now the thing I need is that rod… I’m worried this may have a different one than the one that broke on mine?

I may have a spare of just the rod, but one of mine broke and I don't recall which one.

If you do, please let me know! It’s a headache…. Part of me wants to send the box out but with everything ready to be installed back in the car - it’d hold me back from getting it to run soon

I would have soaked all that linkage with PB Blaster, Kriol, or other equivalent and let it sit for a week or so before ever attempting to remove any of the nuts, bolts or hardware. ;)

View attachment 522049

I have a complete rebuildable factory a/c system out of a 66 fury. Let me know if you are in need of anything still. I am out of town until the middle of this coming week but can send pics if so then. I have the whole evaporator box available for parts or as a rebuildable unit if you need

I have a complete rebuildable factory a/c system out of a 66 fury. Let me know if you are in need of anything still. I am out of town until the middle of this coming week but can send pics if so then. I have the whole evaporator box available for parts or as a rebuildable unit if you need
Okay cool! I may need that box… Mine seems to be pretty far gone in some areas. I will get to you soon!

I have a '70 (I think) heater/ac box that's junk. If the linkage is the same, I can remove it and send it out to you. Just pay the shipping costs.

I took some pics, but being up in the attic, they aren't the best.

ti0htm9.jpg

DnGs4o8.jpg

3JSdrE4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back