Wtb LH thread lug studs

newport64

Reaction score
Went to napa along to other local stores and they don't carry these. Rock auto also doesn't carry them. Anyone know where to find these ? Just need 1 since I snapped one. My car is a 64 newport, looking for the front left side drum.

Went to napa along to other local stores and they don't carry these. Rock auto also doesn't carry them. Anyone know where to find these ? Just need 1 since I snapped one. My car is a 64 newport, looking for the front left side drum.

When I only needed one, I went to NAPA and it was in the next morning.

NAPA used to be the best!
Looks like the big box chains are watering down NAPA's excellence.

I just replace all of them with right hand studs and nuts....

I just replace all of them with right hand studs and nuts....

What a cop-out Bob .... :poke: I personally take some sort of pleasure in the fact that half my nuts are leftys

NAPA used to be the best!
Looks like the big box chains are watering down NAPA's excellence.​
Same around here. NAPA just dosen't want to go that extra mile to help anymore. Seems most ot the knowledgable parts countermen, (the ones who cracked the books), have gone on to other things.

Just the other week I witnessed a young guy at a parts store hand one of the old worn out parts books with disgust as if it was a dog turd he was handling. Too funny.

In the east end of Hamilton there is a Partsource that has a couple old timers behind the counter. They are about a 10 minute drive from where I work. I call them at lunch and stop by a couple hours later during my coffee break to get what I need. They have never let me down.

That store is non existent around these parts Fred. We lost our last one that I knew of about ten years ago.

Theres an AutoQuest in my town and I've never been in there. Shame on me for being part of the problem...

Posted via Topify on Android

NOT too funny.
Pretty sad, actually.

Posted via Topify on Android

Bottom line is: He helped the guy out and came to a result. That's better than 90 percent of this age group in these stores born around 1990. I know older guys who deliberately throw such books away to avoid being molested by customers with such requests. Personally I research for myself prior to go to a store however, that's safer. With my German cars I deal a lot with Bosch parts and they have all the old documents scanned online for customer research, very good source for these kinds of research and cross-reference for new to old parts numbers.
Come to think of it: If anyone here with a rare sunroof car needs some research in Bosch parts (power motor for example was a Bosch part AFAIK) let me know.

Last edited:
My local NAPA was old school up to 3 - 4 years ago.
To supplement the NAPA computer (Make. Model. Year. Engine. Sorry it's not listed.), they had in back an 8' binder rack stuffed with catalogs from all the suppliers in the industry and they were allowed to order through the NAPA distribution system just about anything if it existed. When I noticed it was gone one day, I asked why.
NAPA came out with a modern computer Point of Sale System and NAPA told them to get rid of the books as they wouldn't supply the stores anymore with parts not in their system.
I would have killed for all those catalogs.
Since NAPA stores are individually owned, the owner decided he was too old to fight the system. Especially with what was available for employees today.
Since it's BuFo County, he still has his own direct accounts with distributors for a lot of agriculture stuff.

GONE forever:
auto%2Bparts%2Bcatalog%2Brack.jpg

Last edited:
My local NAPA still has all those books and more. They also have a full service machine shop below the store

1970 was the last year for LH lug nuts and bolts. They're just isn't a need for these anymore. Outside of a concours restoration or as was pointed out, just wanting them. There is probably a very small profit margin for everyone involved in the supply chain. That is the reason why you probably can't find any. No money in making and selling them. You may want to see if you can get some off eBay.

Back