WANTED WTB Package/Speaker Tray-69 Newport

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarPar

Meat Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am looking for a Package or Speaker tray. I have found it referred to as either one...although I think it's a speaker tray as the package tray is the metal part underneath.

Basically the cardboard part that sits on the the back shelf under the windshield.

Anyways, I want a driver quality (in black) or a restorable piece. not cracked, not bent, not water-damaged. Pretty much just looking to install it straightaway or prime and paint it.

thank you!

Restoration Specialties sells painted "cowlboard" that may serve well for this.

Depending on the roof type i have a new one from Dantes. Its brown and can post pics later.
My roof is the pm23 not pm29 which is the formal roof. Wont fit mine. Only want $50

thank you, gents.

I have a CE23 Newport...Im not sure what this top is called?

DSC07648.JPG

this is what the tray looked like before "the incident."

DSC05058.JPG

Sorry for the delay marpar
My shelf is different so it won't work.
Dances wouldn't take it back either so be sure before you order anything.
They never seem to look exactly like the originals either. I ended up just fixing my old shelf and covering it with vinyl.
Good luck and nice car

image.jpeg

This is what I did to my old one until I ever find an original but I won't hold my breath!

no worries! thank you for checking for me Fury!

I may just try and fix my original one (again)

here is what happened *sigh*

DSC05090.JPG

Called Dante's yesterday, and he only has the tray like you have, Fury.

*sigh* I guess I try and repair it again.

Yes. They are very brittle.
I fixed areas of mine with new hardboard because when its covered you cant see it anyway.
Good luck!

Yes. They are very brittle.
I fixed areas of mine with new hardboard because when its covered you cant see it anyway.
Good luck!

thank you!

btw, you mentioned you covered your tray with vinyl? like the vinyl they letter trucks and signs with?

could you give me the short version on how you fixed it? esp the glue to hold the pieces together?

I fixed the broken parts with thin hardboard from Home Depot by putting a piece under the repair area. I filled the area with body filler then went to a fabric company called fabric land. Picked out a nice vinyl that matched the interior rather like vinyl seat material.
I used heavy duty spray glue similar to what you use for vinyl roofs and stretched it over the shelve.
It looks great now.
Sorry I don't have any other pictures

I fixed the broken parts with thin hardboard from Home Depot by putting a piece under the repair area. I filled the area with body filler then went to a fabric company called fabric land. Picked out a nice vinyl that matched the interior rather like vinyl seat material.
I used heavy duty spray glue similar to what you use for vinyl roofs and stretched it over the shelve.
It looks great now.
Sorry I don't have any other pictures

excellent! thank you! that's pretty much what I did, save the vinyl part...i am going to attempt to paint it with some SEM landau black.

if the paint does not work, I will look into vinyl like they letter trucks and signs with etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back