Wyatt is selling out

hergfest

Reaction score
He posted all his cars and parts for sale on the C Body Mopar owners group on FB. Tried a link but since its a private group it won't let me link. Those convertibles look nice...

The black convertible with red insert molding is included - that is one hot looking car and even Dave's former burnt orange convertible in on the block. This is a big move but one that has been coming for some time. I just wish him all the best - he is a really great tech guy on these cars too. He spent a couple days at my place in California back in 2018 and I was impressed by his capability and his gung ho attitude.

From his post.

After much consideration...Its the end of an era for me.
All of my Cars AND parts are available for sale
1969 Dodge Polara 9 passenger wagon. 5.2 magnum. "Servprolara" Turn Key driver. $12k
1970 Dodge Polara Convertible Survivor car. Original FK5 paint. Numbers matching 383-4/727 Buckets/console car. 1 of 19 N codes. Turn Key. $24k
1970 Dodge Polara Convertible 440 car. Triple Black. V5R red moldings. Loaded Dealer Demo. non numbers matching drivetrain, original engine/trans included. Turn key. Only known black 70 Polara vert in the states. $20k
1970 Dodge Polara #s matching 383 9 passenger wagon project and 70 Monaco 440 9 passenger wagon donor car. Turquoise runs and moves, needs brake work and minimal tinkering to be a driver. MINT interior. $8k for the pair.
1971 Dodge Polara Custom Police Car. #s matching 383 N code with manual steering. Will run/drive. Needs restoration. Lots of spare parts. $7500.
All cars are located in Northern Illinois. Clean and clear titles. Tons of spare parts. Pictures available upon request. This is a tough decision for me to make but I need to move on to focus on the bigger picture.
Overseas buyers welcome.
Thanks for looking.

I often contemplate doing the same. He really dove into the C body pool head first, and went down deep. I guess he needs to come up for air. I'm surprised he's letting go of the black convertible, he was very happy and proud to have found it.

I know he has helped several members with their cars, I wonder if that will continue, he certainly seems incredibly knowledgeable regarding fuselages, and isn't afraid of getting his hands dirty. The kind of guy we need more of in the hobby.

It's none of my business why, however I can't help but wonder, baby on the way? Career change? Switched teams, and has become a Porsche enthusiast?

It's none of my business why, however I can't help but wonder, baby on the way? Career change? Switched teams, and has become a Porsche enthusiast?

I remember him saying that he wanted to unload the cars and move onto his other interest, whatever that is. It really sucks that it is happening though.

:wideyed:

Nothing is static. Life changes. Our group needs a guy like him to keep the flame burning, but Wyatt needs to do what he needs to do, it's his life.

"What you own owns you"

Maybe he's prepping for the coming apocalypse?

There is nothing really unusual going on here from what I know of Wyatt. He wants to focus on developing skills that will serve him well financially as a tradesman in life and with that being able to have and support a family just like most guys would like to do and have done. Wyatt has tenacity, is very skilled, and the initiative to make it all work. He will succeed in my view and I have said before I just wish him all the best. When he reaches his golden years he can look back on this hobby and perhaps reignite his passion for mopars.

I had to set aside having a personal life in order to pursue a goal in life of fixing a problem that had not yet been achieved in many states including California and with a devoted staff of 40 people and working for both Chrysler and a government agency I had the skills to carry it out and we were successful. But it took everything I had and I had to put aside even working on my cars for over 40 years before resuming that love when I retired. Both my 57 Chrysler 300C and my 70 Cuda were restored before I went to work for Chrysler or the agency I ended up with. But the retirement pensions from both Chrysler and the agency are more than sufficient to keep that candle burning again now.

We all go down different roads and need to pursue the goals that would most satisfy us in life.

I see Wyatt just taking the steps to achieve what is most important for him and leave the love for these old cars aside for now and pursue those goals that in the end make life well worth living.

He is doing the right things for him in my view.

There is more to life then old cars. I know, I know. The horror! Dont get me wrong, I am as passionate as most of you guys but at the end of the day, they are just material things. I'm sure he put enough thought Into this.

He realizes he doesn't need all of the cars so decided to put out feelers. If some sell cool if not then also cool kinda deal. He wants his truck and the Green 2dr and a Charger in the future. Wants to focus on 1 car at a time he does amazing work and is very knowledgeable as most of you know. He's not leaving just down sizing his prices are fair and I bet most will sell.

Wyatt Polara is his user name, you can get ahold of him through Messenger.

Here's some pictures.

Screenshot_20220830-174420_Facebook.jpg

FB_IMG_1661899474519.jpg

FB_IMG_1661899483923.jpg

FB_IMG_1661899488899.jpg

FB_IMG_1661899492896.jpg

FB_IMG_1661899495881.jpg

FB_IMG_1661899500232.jpg

FB_IMG_1661899503536.jpg

Back