y pipe nos number

chry73luv

Reaction score
I am looking for the nos part number for a 1973 chrysler newport 400 c.i. 2 barrel y pipe for my exhaust system.I have found 2 numbers and not sure which is correct. I have 3583856 and 3583978. Any help would be appreciated and wondering who would be a good source to fing this? Thanks

Per the 73 parts book
3583856 B-Body
3583978 C-Body

Alan
Don't you love it when you go through the trouble to find an answer to someones question, and then they can't even give you ANY reply back?

I don't know Doug, but it was more of a general observation. Just using this as an example of something that has happened to me several times.

confused0024.gif

I am sorry about no reply but I have been tied up with other issues in my life and have not had a chance to check or respond. Anybody on this site that knows me will tell you I am a good guy, always responds with a thank you for the info when a question is asked and value all the members that I know on this site. I missed my first Carlisle ever this year which was hard for me but for personal reasons I could not attend. Life does not always work out the way you want it to. Rest assured I will be there next year. Looking forward to it already.

I don't even know why I do it, I don't own all these parts books (I own a 67, 68, 69), I have downloaded them.
Same with locating the parts at the NOS dealers, my sources are all public websites.

Alan

I don't even know why I do it, I don't own all these parts books (I own a 67, 68, 69), I have downloaded them.
Same with locating the parts at the NOS dealers, my sources are all public websites.

Alan
Thank you for posting and confirming the numbers. It is very helpful to all of us on this board. This helps me continue with my search.

Don't you love it when you go through the trouble to find an answer to someones question, and then they can't even give you ANY reply back?
I'm confused as to why this is an issue. I've asked questions and never gotten replies, posted answers and never gotten a 'thanks', and never thought twice about it. If I can answer a question I post it and move on, I know that someone will find it useful, even if they are just passing through. It makes the forum that much more valuable.

Back