For Sale Yeah, I'd park this lil weirdo in my drive: '62 Lancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Contact seller
Perfect little toadie in MI for $7.5k. Rebuilt engine.
1962 Dodge Lancer

00c0c_dyXVnJKRvFs_1200x900.jpg

00F0F_5wNdc9gnRbp_1200x900.jpg

00s0s_1i00MJKgubb_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_eevOjXEtRYN_1200x900.jpg

00202_bl0Ann9xz59_1200x900.jpg

00202_chAimF0h72J_1200x900.jpg

01212_hZHpW5uAIIl_1200x900.jpg

01717_kDYYIIFG8VJ_1200x900.jpg

At least it has 3 pedals.
I would still cram a big block in it.

Years ago, I had a Chevy mechanic friend who had a 'very similar '62 Plymouth Valiant. He set it up with a 350 small block with all the over-the-counter Corvette performance goodies and two four-barrel carburetors. He put a GM four-speed behind it, a Chevy drive shaft and a rear end with a 4.56 gear. It was one wickedly fast car. I drove it once. My pregnant wife and his wife were in the back seat. My wife had the baby the next day. . .

Mmm, equates rare with desirable and valuable. Common mistake/fault of sellers. He said paint so I hope he didn't put more money into the car than it is worth. Can't see that car, unique as it is, getting past $5000.

Years ago, I had a Chevy mechanic friend who had a 'very similar '62 Plymouth Valiant. He set it up with a 350 small block with all the over-the-counter Corvette performance goodies and two four-barrel carburetors. He put a GM four-speed behind it, a Chevy drive shaft and a rear end with a 4.56 gear. It was one wickedly fast car. I drove it once. My pregnant wife and his wife were in the back seat. My wife had the baby the next day. . .
Something similar here.
Had a mechanic friend, just like you, stuff a screaming SBC into one of these. After flooring it, the car twisted so bad, he couldn't open the doors and had to crawl out the window. :lol:

CC-142-121-800.jpg

I was shopping around for a two door version of a Lancer or Valiant for a while. The pickings were slim... For some reason, they seem to get trashed in some screwy attempt to "customize". If they weren't trashed, they were rot boxes sculpted with bondo so they looked like a car. Asking prices were all over the map... some seemed to think that they had Hemi 'Cuda Barrett Jackson value.

I gave up...

BTW, in the A-body world, they are known as "Toads".

the A-body world
The way my dad told it, the first generation A-body was actually better than the competition (especially the Falcon). On subsequent versions, Chrysler actually took money out of the car; presumably because it made little difference to buyers. This is me on our 1961 V-200 in the mid 1970s:
Valiant.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back