Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus (Murray Park)!!!

MOVE N UP

Reaction score
I received the reproduction door sill plates from Murray today.... and the quality is AMAZING !!! WELL WORTH THE WAIT !!!
IMG_6691.JPG
IMG_6689.JPG

Mr C, does this kit from Murray Park look like it will solve the 78 NYB wiper linkage problem? If it does... don't tell Bob... :rolleyes:
$_57.JPG

1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979 Chrysler Cordoba windshield wiper repair kit | eBay
There was a thread here about his repopped bushing supposedly to replace the 78 bushing.
As I recall it, a member here did order it and it was nothing like the 78 bushing.
Further discussion led to the conclusion it might have been copied from a 79(?) bushing.

Need to find that thread.

There was a thread here about his repopped bushing supposedly to replace the 78 bushing.
As I recall it, a member here did order it and it was nothing like the 78 bushing.
Further discussion led to the conclusion it might have been copied from a 79(?) bushing.

Need to find that thread.

Yes, I've used this bushing to repair my daughter's Volare intermittent wipers and it works for R,B,F,M,J bodies. It's what I'd call a "good" item because it is not a "bolt on". The one I got was dimensionally incorrect and required some trimming with a dremel to make it fit the arm. On the plus side it is made with a more modern plastic that I feel will make it last a long time.

My friend Kip, who has 2 of the nicest 78 NYBs you'll ever see (one is a Salon), told me that the C body bushing was unique (larger) and that this will not work. I believe him. In any event, the metal wiper link repair that Bob has shown is even better than a new plastic bushing would be.

Yes, I've used this bushing to repair my daughter's Volare intermittent wipers and it works for R,B,F,M,J bodies. It's what I'd call a "good" item because it is not a "bolt on". The one I got was dimensionally incorrect and required some trimming with a dremel to make it fit the arm. On the plus side it is made with a more modern plastic that I feel will make it last a long time.

My friend Kip, who has 2 of the nicest 78 NYBs you'll ever see (one is a Salon), told me that the C body bushing was unique (larger) and that this will not work. I believe him. In any event, the metal wiper link repair that Bob has shown is even better than a new plastic bushing would be.
Thank you, it wouldn't have been useful to me anyhow... I was just excited there might be something new made for a Formal.

Back