Yet another newb :)

Brad Nelson

Reaction score
To the forums that is.

Hey all. Been around Mopars since I bought my first Road Runner right after I graduated high school in 1982.
Currently I have a 1966 Chrysler Newport that was (I know, over used term) an original barn find and (also over used) bought from the original owner. It's a 383 2-bbl auto with AC and mechanical windows. And it formerly had a vinyl top.
My plan was originally to build the 383 similar to the factory 335hp "Road Runner" engine from '68. Then I thought about instead going with a Huges cam and a Holley Sniper EFI and a Gear Vendors OD. But after looking at the cost of the machining and rebuild of that 383 I realized that for less I can put a junk yard 5.7 Hemi/5-speed auto
20160426_144114.jpg
and get the same HP with way better fuel economy.
So that's the plan along with re-doing the interior in old school diamond "tuck-n-roll" seats, 15" stealies with dog dish hub caps and wide white wall tires.
Just a cruiser with plenty of go.

Nah, I'm saving the LS swap for my '99 GMC Suburban when the 350 finally dies. :p
Keep it in the family, eh? Sounds like a fun (?) plan with the 5.7 swap, definitely start a thread on that. Love the appearance of the Chrysler, some folks got to love the rougher cars that still drive, right? I know I do. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!

Oh, and for those who wonder if this actually got parked all that long ago;
20160510_130650.jpg

When was the last time you saw "Sears" branded white wall tires? :D
And they still hold air!

Welcome from the Mitten, love the modern hemi swap idea and if you do the swap PLEASE start a build thread.

Join ForTrucksOnly.com and share the build of this one.

20180224_144500.jpg

The other builds look interesting too.

You're insane. :poke: That's definitely different style of build

To paraphrase "Alice In Wonderland"; all the best people are. :thankyou:

That project, named "Squirrel-Ma-Geddon" is being built for next years Wasteland Weekend. Going to be powered by a tunnel rammed 440 on spray. :lol:

Somebody has been watching too much Road Warrior and Fury Road :poke:
I would still follow along with the build though:D

That's what Wasteland Weekend is all about. Based on Mad Max (1,2,3) and Fury Road.
With a little Burning Man thrown in for good measure. :D

Back