"Your Next Car . . ."

CBODY67

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I just spent an hour or so watching many of the 1969 Chrysler intro commercials on YouTube. Many posted by Osborn Tremain, plus SuperBee Registry, and MyMopar.com Many were dealer training videos (which were phonograph records and film strips, back then). Most were about 10 minutes in length as they went over how great these "New Chryslers" were. A good bit of information and some great photography in each of them.

Then these led to a few 1974 Chrysler videos and product comparisons with GM cars.

Of course, Impreials were in the mix, too!

One autoplayed after the prior one. Might have to watch them via Firefox, as my Edge didn't play them like it used to.

I remember when we (as existing Chrysler owners) received the early-mailed packet of pictures of the upcoming 1969 Chryslers. Suitable for framing! The things I knew which could be improved over our '66 Newport Town Sedan, were. Unfortunately, some "steps backward" were taken as it seemed they had hired "too many GM engineers" (my assessment) as underhood items were harder to get to.

But the styling was great, plus the improvement in interior size. That TRUNK size! In many ways, they got Chrysler caught-up with the competition (suspended throttle pedal, which Ford started in '65, for example). It was not until 1975 that I got my DH43N0D, though.

Just don't have anything else to do when you find these!!!

CBODY67

I love those 69 Chrysler commercials. The way Chrysler introduced the fuselage design, the Steve Kamen's jingle, "Moments" and the David Wayne voiceover. Fun fact: most jingles were written for a fee back then, but Steve Kamens retained the rights to the music and received residuals and made $ every time Chrysler used it. I believe Chrysler used it until the mid 70's, although more in the background than a feature. I also "waste" a lot of time watching those YouTube videos.

Thanks for those links! There are also similar Plymouth and Dodge commercials, too.

And those are just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back