correct wipers

stain

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck in finding the correct wipers for these c-bodies?
I am battling Trico over their classic wipers, which apparently only come in pin style with a cheezzy bayonet adapter. After multiple call, emails and pictures, no one at Trico seems able to tell me if they still make this style wiper.
1715089414521.png

The wiper is shown on their website, yet no one at Trico can tell me if they still make it.
The adapter they give you now is so flimsy, I don't dare turn the wipers on for fear of them falling off and scratching the glass.
This is what they give you
IMG_4397 - Copy.JPG

I feel your pain. My solution was to get the original stainless steel wiper blades from an old junked car then find NOS refills. It took a lot of time and effort. By the way, I think the original MoPar wiper blades were made by Anco not Trico (CMIIW) so maybe you would have better luck looking there, but I doubt it.

Try looking on classic industries - OER makes a few varieties of blades and refills. I found refills for my original blades through them.

Also, ebay has some wiper blade options too.

Trying to find correct OEM wipers for anything from the 1960s-70s is a pain. What was common back then has been replaced, at the OEM level, by the Shepard's hook wiper arms. So all of the current aftermarket blades are of the SH design, with adapters.

I suspect that nobody working for what now are ANCO and TRICO worked there in the '70s OR even have any idea of what they built back then. NOR does anybody seem to know how to look it up. So we have to rely upon ourselves to source things.

As mentioned, the only way to get the right stuff is from salvage yards and unmolested (in this area) vehicles. Then worry about finding suitable inserts/refills.

Just some thoughts and observations,
CBODY67

I ended up getting some what I believe to be period correct NOS Anco's from Ebay.
1715110770030.png

I THINK Trico bought Anco in 2019.
I will say, Trico has been less than helpful with this whole situation. It seems like nobody knows what's going on over there. I don't think there is much communication between departments. A lot of passing the buck.
I ordered Trico classic's from Summit racing and they have been very helpful with trying to get this resolved, getting back to me immediately every time, sending me other wipers free of charge and offering money back on the whole order.
I know they are only wipers, but I like to have the correct stuff when I can get it.
Plus, the new style black wipers just look out of place on this car.

I ended up getting some what I believe to be period correct NOS Anco's from Ebay. View attachment 659732
I THINK Trico bought Anco in 2019.
I will say, Trico has been less than helpful with this whole situation. It seems like nobody knows what's going on over there. I don't think there is much communication between departments. A lot of passing the buck.
I ordered Trico classic's from Summit racing and they have been very helpful with trying to get this resolved, getting back to me immediately every time, sending me other wipers free of charge and offering money back on the whole order.
I know they are only wipers, but I like to have the correct stuff when I can get it.
Plus, the new style black wipers just look out of place on this car.

those look like the "red dot" style...

I am not sure what is "correct" for each year but I think the ones on mine are originals - they are the stainless "peaked" style, and have a single black button in the middle to dismount from the pin connector on the arm. To install, the metal tabs had to be bent. No way to slide 'em in from one end...that I could deduce.

Here's what looks like a refill pair that would work for a 16" blade:
NOS Classic Car and Vintage Truck Anco 16" Wiper Refills - New Old Stock 14-16 | eBay

Edit: pics.

Arms are Trico, Frames are Anco.

IMG_7205.JPEG

IMG_7206.JPEG

IMG_7207.JPEG

Last edited:
Back