For Sale 1961 D500X Dodge Polara

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post this here once again for those who didn't read it the first time...
It appears these guys know their **** about these cars.
Found this tidbit on forward look.net....

"This is as good a posting-spot as any for the following information.

Got a phone call about the production of the 20th-of-21-total 1961 Polara Ram-Induction car,
which is discussed on another thread on this board.

This thread is about the 21st-and-final 1961 Polara Rammie that was built, and, also, about the production
figures on the other 1961 Polara Rammie models.

According to Darrell Davis' book on the 1961 D500 Dodges, there were (21) 2-dr hardtops, (17) 4-dr hardtops, (17) convertibles(!), (11) 4-dr sedans, (7) 6-passenger wagons, and (7) 9-passenger wagons built = 80-total
1961 Polara-model D500 Rammies built.

There were a total of (791) 383/4-barrel 1961 Polara D500s built, across all the model lines.

Now, about the 21st-and-last 1961 Polara Rammie, it was Special-Ordered to a San Francisco
dealership (instead of possibly having been built for Corporation show/advertising, or to the SF Regional
Field Office or by a Corp-insider/in-house purchaser).

Whoever ordered this car KNEW what he wanted in his car, which was Shipped out on 7/18/61.

It is (I say "is", because it probably STILL exists, in someone's garage)...white, but, it is the ONLY 2-dr Rammie
having power windows, but, also a power swivel seat and the Heavy Duty suspension, and HD 12" brakes and
with "Special (15", probably)" wheels/tires.

It was ordered with the 2.93 rear end.

The 20th Polara Rammie was Shipped out on 3/8/61, and this 21st last-Rammie, as above mentioned, was Shipped out on 7/18/61---four months later.

The 20th Polara Rammie was the only Rammie that was ever sent to the L.A. region, but there were (5) Polara Rammies that were Shipped to the S.F region in 1961.

So: anybody wanna go find that 21st Rammie, somewhere in the Frisco area?
"

I am humbled, it is quite a pedigree. Worth that much I can't help but wonder why mess around with listing on E-bay? Hemmings, Barrett Jackson, Mecum; would be a better option, in my opinion.
The quarter mile doesn't figure though. Eigth mile maybe, but they didn't run those to my knowledge back then. In any event I am still dubious. P.S.-if my cars '48 Ford General of Detroit fire truck, '74 Chrysler Newport 2 door, '79 Chrysler Newport R body base / 4 door Police, aren't considered family heirlooms and are sold off by my kids I'll haunt their asses. May only be decent drivers but they're valuable to me.

I am humbled, it is quite a pedigree. Worth that much I can't help but wonder why mess around with listing on E-bay? Hemmings, Barrett Jackson, Mecum; would be a better option, in my opinion.
The quarter mile doesn't figure though. Eigth mile maybe, but they didn't run those to my knowledge back then. In any event I am still dubious. P.S.-if my cars '48 Ford General of Detroit fire truck, '74 Chrysler Newport 2 door, '79 Chrysler Newport R body base / 4 door Police, aren't considered family heirlooms and are sold off by my kids I'll haunt their asses. May only be decent drivers but they're valuable to me.

The whole ad is bullshit. The most horsepower that 413 combo was rated at was 400 in the rare short ram version. Even the full tilt 13.5:1 compression Maxwedge 413 was only 420 horsepower.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back