1965 Power Vent Window Motor Bracket----Imperial same as New Yorker?

emmd61

Reaction score
I am trying to accumulate parts needed to add power vents to my 1965 New Yorker Wagon. I have an opportunity to purchase vent motor brackets off 1965 Imperial. Any one know, or have interchange manual, saying wether imperial vent brackets will fit on New Yorker?

IMG_0042.jpg

GM parts stamped as such?, used on Imperials too?

I haven't worked with power vents myself, but looking in the FSM & the Parts Book, it looks like the Imperial vent window motor attaches differently. Through '66 the Imperial still shared a lot more structure with the 1960 cars than the new for '65 C Bodies.

Both the C-bodies & the Imperial use the same motor for the vent wing windows.
Part numbers 2428-282 & 2428-283

The Imperial shows a bracket with part numbers 2428-290 & 2428-291. The illustrations in the parts book are not great, and I can't read the numbers off the ones you found on ebay, but I think they are the correct Imperial part.

That item line in the Parts Book does not show a number for a corresponding bracket for Chrysler, so I assume they had changed the design of the vent window frame or the door structure to eliminate the need for a separate bracket.

I haven't worked with power vents myself, but looking in the FSM & the Parts Book, it looks like the Imperial vent window motor attaches differently. Through '66 the Imperial still shared a lot more structure with the 1960 cars than the new for '65 C Bodies.

Both the C-bodies & the Imperial use the same motor for the vent wing windows.
Part numbers 2428-282 & 2428-283

The Imperial shows a bracket with part numbers 2428-290 & 2428-291. The illustrations in the parts book are not great, and I can't read the numbers off the ones you found on ebay, but I think they are the correct Imperial part.

That item line in the Parts Book does not show a number for a corresponding bracket for Chrysler, so I assume they had changed the design of the vent window frame or the door structure to eliminate the need for a separate bracket.
There are no brackets needed. They bolt directly to the door.
I have motors here.

Back