1966 - 300

dieseldust

Reaction score
Hi,

Does any one know if in 1966 you could order a 300 4 door hardtop with buckers and console, got to be a rare option I would think, I have found one with this just curious if it was a factory option it also has power windows and drivers seat and console vacume gauge.

Thanks
Jim

From what I understand it was an option and rather rare.

Sounds like a decked out example you found there.

About ONLY 1% OF 65 TO 68 4DR HARDTOPS were ordered with buckets/console.
1966 was more common.
66 New Yorker 4 Dr Ht
67 Newport Custom
IMG_2047.jpg
IMG_2022.jpg

Hi,

Does any one know if in 1966 you could order a 300 4 door hardtop with buckers and console, got to be a rare option I would think, I have found one with this just curious if it was a factory option it also has power windows and drivers seat and console vacume gauge.

Thanks
Jim

Yes. Most had the armrest/buddy seat option.

it is odd in that the only option it looks like it has are the buckets and console. No power windows, no a/c and no cruise/tilt/telescoping wheel

Thank you for your expertise, 383 4 barrel dual exaust, and factory trailer tow package, information is always good, has really nice black interior also,
FB_IMG_1549133791922.jpg
FB_IMG_1549079974088.jpg

Cheers
Jim

Can’t wait to see more of this one.

I will post more when I get it home. Won't be till spring probably

I parted out a rusty 66 Town & Country wagon with buckets & center armrest. And a buddy of mine flipped a 64 New Yorker wagon with buckets.

I put a set in my 64 from a 64 New Yorker. All the inner reinforcement plates fell right into place on the floor of the wagon. I have been told you could get them in a Dodge wagon but have never seen any. Any idea if this is the case on the Dodge wagons? Thanks
20180329_173402.jpg
20180329_173757.jpg
DSC02212.jpg

Back then anything was possible depending how deep your pockets were. That and how much pull the sales manager had.
Want a car delivered in primer and dealer paint it your color? No problem. Want butterscotch paint black top with orange seats? Sure let me clear that with regional office..
Never say never with Mopar.
The majority of C's can be one of one when you break down production based on particular options. Chrysler customers tend to afford their cars were able to get what they wanted.Competing against Lincoln and Cadillac,salesmen will make the order happen.

Last edited:
Thank you for your expertise, 383 4 barrel dual exaust, and factory trailer tow package, information is always good, has really nice black interior also, View attachment 257634 View attachment 257635

Cheers
Jim

Jim,

What color is this car? FYI, the dual exhaust has been added. The base engine in the '66 300 was a 383-4V with a single exhaust. I believe that you only got a dual exhaust if you upgraded to the 440. I used to have a 4 door '66 300 and miss that car. It drove great and was comfortable. It also surprised people when I opened her up.

with the introduction of both the FasTop, and split bench for '67, more 4-door cars went with split bench than buckets/console, which is probably why you saw fewer of them after 1966.

Jim,

What color is this car? FYI, the dual exhaust has been added. The base engine in the '66 300 was a 383-4V with a single exhaust. I believe that you only got a dual exhaust if you upgraded to the 440. I used to have a 4 door '66 300 and miss that car. It drove great and was comfortable. It also surprised people when I opened her up.

Black on Black

Back