For Sale 1966 Chrysler New Yorker Taillight Gaskets

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdk2010

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Thanks to @FredNY66, who sent me a spare Taillight, I was able to reproduce all the gaskets belonging to the 1966 New Yorker Taillights for him!
Because of that, they are now availbale for everyone else who needs them.

I ship worldwide from Germany.
To the US for example, shipping would be:
~$20 without shipment insurance
~$50 insured
Contact me for an exact shipping quote.

Payment via Paypal.

Housing to Lens Gaskets – $30
3mm EPDM Cellular Rubber

It's the same material as the original gaskets, but black instead of gray.
Choose if with or without adhesive backing. OEM was without.
1966_Chrysler_New-Yorker_Taillight-Lens.jpg

Housing to Car Gaskets – $30
I have two different material available.

Made from 2mm Rubber sheet, just like the originals.
1966_Chrysler_New-Yorker_Taillight-Housing_Rubber.jpg

1966_Chrysler_New-Yorker_Taillight-Housing_Rubber-detail.jpg

Or made from 3mm EPDM Cellular Rubber. It's the better material to close gaps on slightly warped Taillight Housings as they often are.
You can choose if with or without adhesive backing.
1966_Chrysler_New-Yorker_Taillight-Housing_EPDM.jpg

1966_Chrysler_New-Yorker_Taillight-Housing_EPDM-detail.jpg

Stud- and Socket surrounding Gaskets – $10
I also made Gaskets that go around the sockets and the studs.
The originals were 11mm thick, but since my cutter is limited to 3mm thick material, so I had to made a bunch and stack them.
It's not the best solution, but should do what they are intended for without a problem!
1966_Chrysler_New-Yorker_Taillight-Sockets_Fasteners.jpg

1966_Chrysler_New-Yorker_Taillight-Sockets_Fasteners-detail.jpg

The extra Strip of material included with the Housing gaskets is for this piece of welt mentioned in the FSM. However, we couldn't figure out where exactly it belongs.
Small gasket.jpg

2023-11-05 20.41.58.jpg

2023-11-05 20.48.29.jpg

AnotherTaillight.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent work!

I'll be ordering a couple sets as soon as the budget allows. November was quite an expensive month, some of that money going to cool vintage Mopar things that will be disclosed at a later date.

Jeff

I'm not 100% sure, but as far as I know, the housings are the same on both cars! So they "should".

Excellent work!

I'll be ordering a couple sets as soon as the budget allows. November was quite an expensive month, some of that money going to cool vintage Mopar things that will be disclosed at a later date.

Jeff
Hey Jeff, your Inbox is full.

3 Sets for 2 orders are made, packed, and ready to get shipped to the US!

I decided to make special cardboard packaging to better protect the gaskets during shipping.

2023-12-26 17.55.13.jpg

2023-12-26 17.50.22.jpg

2023-12-26 17.49.58.jpg

2023-12-26 17.50.51.jpg

2023-12-26 17.50.11.jpg

Please find below some pics with the installation on my left taillight (still trying to find a nice right taillight, so I only installed on the left side for the time being).

First, one needs to fix the probably wavy sheetmetal, like it was on mine.

Before:

Ondulations.jpg

After:

Redressee.jpg

Then, I did the same on the housing, as the outer edges were not that straight, then clean installed the new lens gasket:

LensGasket.jpg

Then I put everything back together, after painting the little groove of the lens insert, and put the replacement washers in place.
I have used the 3mm EPDM Cellular Rubber. I have kept the large and very thick white gaskets as they are still good on my car.

GasketInPlace.jpg

I also added the extra welt that is shown in the parts manual, even if my car didn't have it. It probably fell off many years ago.
I could see some glue leftovers, so I guess the extra welt was there at some point in time.
That being said, not sure if it is of any use, given the shape of the housing and of the sheet metal. Anyway, it's now back. I made a little hole so I can find the screw in the future.

ExtraWelt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back