For Sale 1968 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron - $12000 (18447)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1970cat

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
not mine.
1968 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron
00505_bBryDGzppfR_600x450.jpg

00p0p_iTt2pQEbylM_600x450.jpg
00101_1h7zBdawVN7_600x450.jpg

00P0P_eJWKjugDmTX_600x450.jpg
00v0v_94l5vEtbzHi_600x450.jpg

00t0t_54FW7dDHPcE_600x450.jpg
00B0B_fuTxpJQQnAk_600x450.jpg

00F0F_kMefN15azGc_600x450.jpg
00606_d1mIygNftYB_600x450.jpg

1968 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron 4 door Hardtop. Rare car, only 1,852 produced. Very few of these cars left in existence and hardly any in this condition. The car shows approximately 46,000 miles and this appears to be original due to the condition of the car and these cars simply were not driven that much if a person could afford one in 1968.
Car is equipped with a strong running 350 horsepower 440 V8 engine and automatic transmission. The engine and transmission run and work as they should. Engine starts up easily, no smoke, no leaks. Exhaust is very quiet and in good condition. Very well cared for original classic. Get in and drive anywhere.
The interior is in excellent condition. I have owned several of these cars and have never seen an interior as nice as this, or with this color combination. No rips or tears in seats, headliner, or rug. Dash is perfect. The interior is truly a must see for a 50 year old car. Equipped with telescoping wheel and power antenna. Both work. Radio and all lights work. The power seats work. All 4 power windows work. The trunk is in excellent condition as is the rug, spare tire, and spare tire cover. It comes with a copy of the original destination paperwork, original sale documentation, and the owners manual.
The exterior was professionally repainted the original color in 2002. It still looks and shines like brand new with only a few minor imperfections, including a nick or scratch. Nothing at all major and you would really have to look to find these imperfections. The paint shines like show quality. The exterior is 100% rust free and all the wheel wells, rockers and dog legs are spotless and rust free. The vinyl top is in perfect condition with no rips or tears and also shines like new. The chrome shines like new in most places with only very minor pitting on some pieces. The rear chrome bumper has 2 flaws in the normal places where the chrome peels and oxidation has begun. It is minor and still a show car with these flaws. For you Imperial guys that wonder if there is rust between the rear fenders and back bumper, there is none.
The drivetrain is in perfect working order and the brakes work as they should. The tires are in OK condition and are beginning to show weather checking however they are all safe with plenty of tread and they all hold air without issue. The car runs and drives like it should and is a pleasure to just look at or cruise. I bought this car from a car collector who was liquidating some of his inventory. Imperial values are now on the rise as the production numbers were low to begin with and the remaining cars had either been destroyed in Demolition Derby or rotted away in a junk yard. You will be hard pressed to find a 1968 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron Hardtop in this condition with this low of mileage. Hagerty Classic Car values has this car listed as follows : Concours $27,600, Excellent $16,700.

Australia has Craigslist too? Who knew???

Its a scam of some sort, car was on ebay with a dealer, then for sale again on ebay( I think) or CL with those pics and more from a private seller, very rusty underneath. Now for sale in OZ ? dont think so...

And CL is available in the UK too, but so full of scam ads nobody really uses it I dont think.

I feel like I have seen this car listed before, but it IS quite nice. Manages to be red without being RED. That cloth leather upholstery sure looks original, and makes a nice contrast. Hope it finds a good home. Those quoted Hagerty values seem quite optimistic, but maybe a couple of pristine examples actually did trade at that amount to spike values.

You probably have seen it before. Also interesting that there's no phone number.

sorry about the repost. for some reason it didn't come up in a form search :rolleyes:

Trunk and junk yard are not words a local would use, it's boot and wrecking yard. I also call BS on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back