For Sale 1968 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible 383 4 Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galen's updated White Books have C-Body manual transmission production numbers. How I also know Tallzag's 68 Sport Fury L-Code 440HP 4-spd is 1 of 19.

That's great info right there... sounds like I need to freshen up my 20-yr-old White Books to see where my L-code convertible falls. Not 1 of 19 for sure, but one of 50?

Not to disrespect him but if his stick car is worth that then what is my stick car worth?

'62 300.jpg

Galen's updated White Books have C-Body manual transmission production numbers. How I also know Tallzag's 68 Sport Fury L-Code 440HP 4-spd is 1 of 19.

Those "production" numbers are actually US sales numbers.

You're right, I was being generous. Maybe I was having a momentary lapse of reason because of that third pedal...

Are you talking the third pedal for the emergency brake :poke:

See, I am late to the party with all TV and internet out for the last 2 1/2 days.

That's great info right there... sounds like I need to freshen up my 20-yr-old White Books to see where my L-code convertible falls. Not 1 of 19 for sure, but one of 50?
They made 50 1968 Sport Fury L-Code 440 auto convertibles.

Really?? That was a total wild-a$$-guess on my part... Thanks for checking on that!

So now collectors, as opposed to enthusiasts, will take note of these rare cars and push the prices up.

774 1967 Sport Furys with a 383-4 4-speed, by far the most common 4-spd C-Body. The 67 numbers don't break down by Body Style, only by model.

This is what I would call "a hundred footer". If you saw it from 100 feet away you would think it pretty nice, but up close it is a much different picture. The more I look at it the less I like it. Whoever takes this on will have their hands full, but I wish them all the best. As for the rising prices, I think that is the way of the world for the foreseeable future. They aren't making any more of them and as the prices for the A, B and E bodies climbs it is only natural that the prices for C bodies will, too. I confess that is why I have my mine. My dream car was a Superbird, and I finally was able to buy one in 1989 and I had it for 21 years, but I also wanted a convertible. Raising a family on a middle class income I couldn't afford a convertible A, B or E body, but I could afford a convertible C body, so I was able to swoop on mine back in 2004, and I thought the price a bit high then, too. Thank goodness the C bodies are not as popular as the A, B and E bodies, or I would not have been able to scratch my convertible itch. My parents had a 1967 Fury III 4dr hardtop which I learned to drive in, so I feel like I'm 15 again when I drive mine, and that is really what it is all about.

I agree MoparJim. This car has been discussed on here before, and it has lots of flaws that the casual observer or novice wouldn't notice. Has been on ebay a number of times, and seems destined to be overpriced and therefore not gonna find a caring home.

I've got my 68 Fury 4-speed car on ebay right now. I will be curious to see what happens. I bought the car off ebay back in 2009, so I'm hoping to get what I paid for it, plus a little extra for the upgrades I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back