SOLD 1969 Imperial Lebaron 2 door hardtop for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pentastarguy

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey Guys, i am selling my 1969 Imperial Lebaron 2 door hardtop, this is the first chance someone is going to have to buy it before it gets listed on Ebay, Imperial Club website, Craigslist, etc. It runs/drives, but needs brake work, etc. I checked the condition of the timing chain in the ( original ) 440 shortly after i bought the car about six years ago, and it was in excellent shape, nearly new, so i cleaned and re-painted everything as i put it back together. It now has a correct factory pair of rocker covers on it. the original air cleaner housing can be stripped and re-painted, or i have a 69 dual snorkel air cleaner that can go with the car if the agreed to price is good enough. It was running really well a couple years ago, but i am moving everything out of my storage unit in a week or two, and will be working on it, so the price will reflect that in the future. If you want to get it now before i work on it, you will get it cheaper! The body and interior are in decent shape, some body work is needed on the drivers rear quarter panel, but most of the rest of the body is in pretty nice shape. It needs a new windshield. It has been sitting in storage for several years and is a project car. It is a really solid car as far as rust goes, but it does have some roof rust issues typical for any Lebaron that has not been garaged for it's entire life, the forward part of the dutchman's panel has rust, and it needs a couple of small patch panels on the drivers side "c" pillar, definitely fixable, but i just do not have the time for this car, as i have two other cars that i am working on. I hate too sell it as i have always loved 69 Lebaron 2 doors, and i know how hard they are to find, but this is someone's chance to buy one for a good price that is very restorable. It is a factory 6 way power bucket seat car ( both sides ), and is B3 Bahama blue with a matching two tone blue leather interior. It has factory Auto Temp A/C, Cruise Control, power door locks, AM/FM signal seeking radio with power antenna and rear speaker, etc. It is located in Sparks, NV., and will have to be transported to it's new location. The rear bumper and rear seat are from a 70 Imperial Lebaron 2 door hardtop. It was that way when i bought it. Contact me with questions, i just want it to go to a good home and be appreciated for the beautiful luxury/performance car that it is. Price is 2K, and am negotiable. I do have a bunch of extra parts for it, which can go with the car i hope if the price stays at 2K! Have more pics available. Just PM me and we can communicate by either e-mail or cell phone. Thanks, Scott

1969 imperial 7.PNG

1969 imperial 1.PNG

1969 imperial 6.PNG

1969 imperial 8.PNG

1969 imperial 3.PNG

1969 imperial 4.PNG

1969 imperial 5.PNG

100_2140.JPG

100_2141.JPG

100_2153.JPG

How many miles are on the odometer? Has the cooling system been maintained - i.e. is the antifreeze looking good?

Beautiful cars they are! Good luck with your sale! Fairly cheap for what it is!

You should increase the price because at 2k its in the derby guy area :poke:

If I was a fuselage guy I'd be all over it.

How many miles are on the odometer? Has the cooling system been maintained - i.e. is the antifreeze looking good?
I changed out the anti freeze when i did the timing chain check, so it is in good shape. the mileage reads 63,542, but i have no idea if that is actual or not. Thanks, Scott.

There should be a long stainless trim piece from front to back on the upper side of the body. I assume it is missing and the holes to mount the clips have been filled in then (unless it was a trim delete car somehow)? Or do you believe it is original paint mostly? Do you have the lower trim for the car as well?

Thanks again.

There should be a long stainless trim piece from front to back on the upper side of the body. I assume it is missing and the holes to mount the clips have been filled in then (unless it was a trim delete car somehow)? Or do you believe it is original paint mostly? Do you have the lower trim for the car as well?

Thanks again.
Yes, a previous owner must have taken off the factory side moldings along with the Imperial scripts/eagles on the front fender sides, then filled in the holes. I can't for the life of me remember if i have the fender skirts or not, they may be in the trunk under a bunch of parts, i was just there at my storage unit today, but did not have time to carefully unload everything to inventory it. I will try to get a complete inventory done this weekend. I had located pretty much all of the side trim parts several years ago, but did not buy them. I usually want my vintage cars to have all of the factory side trim, but i have to tell you ( and my best friend who is also into old Mopars agrees ), that it looks really kind of clean and simple without the trim, you can really enjoy the subtle shapes and beautiful proportions of the car. Imperials really look nice with those longer front fenders and hood, more of a long nose/short deck look, enhanced by the rear window plug also. There were no rocker panel moldings on 69 Imperials, only the upper side moldings and wheel well moldings. Thanks, Scott.

Thanks again.
Yes, it has been repainted also, sorry, forgot to answer that. Scott.

Hey fellow C body enthusiast's, i have come to a crossroads with this 69 Imperial 2drht. It is out of storage parked in front of my house blocking my driveway. It comes with all of the parts that i have, including some interior trim parts, a good dashpad, a complete extra instrument cluster with all switches and speedometer/clock, a correct pair of headrest's for the bucket seats, fender skirts, etc. The 440 runs but only on a gas can, the tank needs to be removed and cleaned out, possibly replaced. It needs a windshield. I have all of the window and vinyl top moldings, just not the factory side moldings. The roof is in pretty good shape, POR 15 should be all it needs. The dutchman panel area and bottom of the vinyl top area on the driver's side C pillar need rust repair panels made. Of course all of that does not show as it is under the vinyl top or under the fiberglass rear window plug, so it does not have to look all finished and pretty. The inner structure of the roof and factory large window opening are in good shape overall. The rocker panels are in good shape, just a little surface rust from some aftermarket rocker moldings that i removed. The trunk floor is in pretty decent shape, better than most of my C bodies, and should just need prep and POR 15. The floor pans look to be fine from underneath, certainly there appears to be no holes, everything looks and feels solid. The front stub frame is fine. The hood and decklid are fine. The driver's side rear quarter panel was replaced a long time ago it appears, and it needs the majority of the bodywork on the car. Attached are some more photos showing the good, the bad and the ugly. I really need it gone in the next two weeks. If i do not get a solid commitment to buy it in the next couple of days, i am going to pull the 69 10.1 to 1 compression 440 and TF out and part the car out. If anyone wants the car, they can have it for 1,500.00 cash, wire transfer or cert. check only. I just had the VIN inspected at DMV a little over a week ago, so the title is now coming in my name and should be here later next week. Scott.

Also, it needs a new headliner, and the driver's bucket has been partially re done in vinyl at some point, but still looks and feels ok. It also comes with a spare grille center section, and three of the original type wheel covers. Please PM me with questions and inquiries.

69 imperial 028.jpg

69 imperial 006.jpg

69 imperial 015.jpg

69 imperial 016.jpg

69 imperial 010.jpg

69 imperial 012.jpg

69 imperial 018.jpg

69 imperial 019.jpg

69 imperial 013.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back